Pirate 4x4 banner

D300, 4:1's Write Ups?

643 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RustoleumWhite 
#1 ·
OK, I DID search, and the only referances I found were to THIS site, which it seems like everyone links to.

I swear I have seen/read a couple of write ups on 4:1 installs, specificaly for our IH units.

Anyone help me out with a link or two?? Might see what I can get done this weekend...

#2 ·
RustoleumWhite said:
OK, I DID search, and the only referances I found were to THIS site, which it seems like everyone links to.

I swear I have seen/read a couple of write ups on 4:1 installs, specificaly for our IH units.

Anyone help me out with a link or two?? Might see what I can get done this weekend...
On this page there is a link to a pdf of a good set of instructions--it is nearly the same whether for the IH or Jeep version.

#3 ·
This was about the best link I could find before I did mine...
http://www.offroaders.com/jeepfan/dana300_teralow2.htm
The scout 300 is the same as the jeep 300 pritty much. It does usually include grinding the inside of the case and the outer lip to get the largest gear to fit properly. Its pritty straight forward and dont be afraid to hammer the bearings off any of the shafts.... If your to nice they will never come off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.