Pirate 4x4 banner

73 scout pickup

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  binderbart 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me. i need to know how much a 73 Scout 2 seater is worth. Running condition little rust 304 with automatic. Otherwise stock?

Just a rough Idea, I have a line on one.
Thank you

#2 ·
Hard to say. Really depends on the over-all condition, and what the market is in the area.

20 miles can seperate a $2000 truck from a $100 truck.

However, the truck in question (if original) is going to have a D30 front axle with drum brakes, makes it less desirable than a later model with D44/disc. But the cab top (1/2 cab steel top) is a slightly rare item and can be worth some good money to the right person.

How much is the seller asking?? If its solid enought to be daily driven for a little while, $1000 wouldn't be unreasonable, if not, less.

But them most of us pay bottom dollar for our junk, so its really hard to judge, if you have a yard full of scout stuff... $100 looks good, if your looking for a first rig, $1000 might be right.

#6 ·
Sully said:
I want EXACTLY that for a DD.
Too late I made some mods! :flipoff2:

Attachments

#8 ·
Hmm well that may solve some issues

The scout is cheap. $250 probably. The thought I had was to aquire it. It's on a Ranch. Register it and sell it. however I was thinking that Scouts were worth more. beat up CJ 7 go for $3500 around here. Anyway, If any of you guys are interested in parts let me know I'll see what I can do.

Frt Dana 30
Rear Dana 44
Auto trans
V8
Half cab
AC

#9 ·
wow, nice looking rig, now, dont get me wrong, but living here in iowa, when we see a nice body scout get cut up we cant help but cringe, our first reaction is "man, wish I could find one in that good of shape for that cheap". but, to each his own, I was lucky enough to come accross one of those steel hard tops to make my terra. I like the added bed space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.