Pirate 4x4 banner

so i finally picked up my new project.

795 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  XJ wit an LT1 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally and went and picked up my new project. It's a 1980 scout II.. it was free granted i return the axles when i have my own... I couldnt pass up free, even though she looks great from 50 yards.. but a little rough from close up. The rockers are gone, the firewall is going, the door hinges are shot, as is the front seat.. the top is now a rather large beehive. That being said i am going to try to retaint he stock body lines. my plan is to skin the scout.. save the good body panels and repair the ones i can. make an entire tube skeleton ( the frame is in great shape) .. then reskin the tube skeleton with the body panels. i want it to look like a scout but have the strength it needs for a SBC /435/d300/1 ton 39.5s drivetrain i have planned. Sorry for the long bullshit post but i'm just ordering a new bender to get started on it....

i have a few questions and some freebies from it...

1. where can i find a replacement windshield frame/cowl piece... The rot ont his one is in a spot where it would be a pain in the balls to rebuild it.
2. i noticed on the 4 cyl in this thing that the oilpan has this nifty cutout for the front axle... granted the truck will be lifted alot higher, do i need to worry about the SBC oilpan?

3. The glass in the entire truck is perfect.. if anyone needs glass ( doors/hard top ) , please let me know. i dont know how i would ship it if you are far away..b ut i'd try.. and if you are local just come pick it up.
4. since i am getting rid of the whole drivetrain... if anyone wants a running 4 cyl that fires right up and doesnt leak, The trans ( i have no clue what it is but it shifts well) or the tcase.. make me an offer.. i'll accept them.. i just want to get them gone and i'd rather give them/sell them to a scout guy rather than get 35 bucks for em at the scrap yard.

5. The back seat in this thing is surprisingly PRISTINE.. original black vinyl.. looks like the thing has never seen an ass cheek.. i'm not gonna use it.. you want it, come to my house with some cash and a 6 pack... :D

we're shooting to have her done by spring.. so i'll keep yall updated .

See less See more
#4 ·
cjanko said:
Can swap you a rust free windshield frame for the tranny & t-case .

thats a definate possibility.. what timetable are you working on.. as it may be a month before i get my drivetrain swapped. I need to keep the rig mobile at all time for room mate reasons :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.