Pirate 4x4 banner

Trans kick down lever?

539 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Binder 
#1 ·
Well it looks like I get to put the old standard valve body back into the 727 so I can wheel it this weekend. Thing is I removed the kick down assy for the full manual valve body because it was no longer used. Question is- If I put the standard body back in and wire the kick down over to full pressure what damage could it cause? I know the trans won't shift auto in this configuration but I would rather shift it manually anyway.
The full manual is full pressure all the time so it seems I should be OK like this.
Thoughts?

#2 ·
Binder said:
Well it looks like I get to put the old standard valve body back into the 727 so I can wheel it this weekend. Thing is I removed the kick down assy for the full manual valve body because it was no longer used. Question is- If I put the standard body back in and wire the kick down over to full pressure what damage could it cause? I know the trans won't shift auto in this configuration but I would rather shift it manually anyway.
The full manual is full pressure all the time so it seems I should be OK like this.
Thoughts?
Thats what we have been doing with our, well not full open, but 2/3-3/4. None of the problems we have been having with ours has been linked to it. You could build an adjustable one like we have. Turn it closed for driving between trails and open it up again for wheeling.

#5 ·
Binder said:
I could build something adjustable I just don't want to spend the time on it. It's coming back out again this week.
Hmmm....your not running a tranny cooler are you ? Like Robert said, it will cause alot of heat wide open. We are running the cooler to copensate for this. Try partial and watch your gauge, if I remember correctly you have at least one tranny temp gauge right?

#6 ·
Yes I have a cooler and gage...Yes stock program.
I just talked to the MFGR and they say at full pressure it won't up shift and I could wire it at 1/2 to 3/4 and it should work. I may just put all the linkage back on. I don't want it to slip if it's under heavy load.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.