Pirate 4x4 banner

Anyone running 2d projection with pertronix/msd setup?

830 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Binder 
#1 ·
Hey guys, the ol search button is down and I'm wondering if any of you guys are running the holley 2d projection with a pertronix/msd 6a combo?

I've heard that MSD messes with the Holley setup.

Have any of you had problems with this combo and possible shoot me in the right direction on this.

#2 ·
I tried before. Never did get it to all be happy.

2d, Pertronix, and actually a Crane Hi-6 box... but same idea.

I liked the box, REALLY made it so I could lug the motor down, but it and the efi never really got along. it was very hard to start. My theory was that the multi spark confused the efi on start up. I also went through a couple of coild (both an MSD blaster and a couple stockers).

My solution was to remove the box and run just the pertronix and pertronix coil and 2d... works "fine" now. Someday I'll play with the box again... someday.

I have heard that all three can play together, just not in my experiance.

#3 ·
RustoleumWhite said:
I tried before. Never did get it to all be happy.

2d, Pertronix, and actually a Crane Hi-6 box... but same idea.

I liked the box, REALLY made it so I could lug the motor down, but it and the efi never really got along. it was very hard to start. My theory was that the multi spark confused the efi on start up. I also went through a couple of coild (both an MSD blaster and a couple stockers).

My solution was to remove the box and run just the pertronix and pertronix coil and 2d... works "fine" now. Someday I'll play with the box again... someday.

I have heard that all three can play together, just not in my experiance.
I've heard they can all play together also. I was hoping one of these guys that has had success might let us in on the secret. I haven't gotten the 2d yet, but I just got through putting the msd box in last month and I love it. I really hate to buy one of those $400 dui's. If I have problems, I'll probably do like you did and just take out the msd and run pertronix with a hot coil.

#6 ·
Shadow man said:
There is supposed to be a componant part from Holley that lets you run a MSD with the Inj. I have a MSD too, just have never installed it. I bought it 2 years ago!!! :(

HAHA, you sound about like me. I've had the scout going on 2 years and have driven it all of about 100 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.