Pirate 4x4 banner

Another twin stick conversion question

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  RustoleumWhite 
#1 ·
Hate to ask this question but after reading a few threads here I have a question regarding the interlock plunger. I've been trying for several days now to get on the BB for there write up but its down. Anyway, I've pulled the whole dana 20 apart and will be putting new gears in this weekend. I've also picked up some Dana 18 twin sticks for the conversion. Is the pill shaped plunger inside the T-case? Behind a plug? I don't remember seeing it. Also I picked up new detent balls and springs. Do I have to remove the plugs to get to these or can I simply install them from the inside rail hole? If I do pull the plugs what is the best way to do so without damaging them (I don't have a new set) or can they be picked up fairly easy at a parts store? When I disassembled the case and pulled the rails the spring and ball fell out. Need some clarification. Thanks.

Oh, one last question. I have the TC-143 single speed xfer case. After looking at the setup last night (I didn't have time to take measurements) it seems the tc-143 has a long input housing between the tranny output and xfer case body. The dana 20 on the other hand has none but has a semi long output nose. It would seem to me that the difference between the two might enable me to use the same drive shaft, correct? I'm sure the front shaft will be too long because of the dana 20/tc-143 mounting difference. Anyone ran into shaft problems when converting?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.