Pirate 4x4 banner

What all do i have?

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Fawk Awph 
#1 ·
i gutted my 66 800. i pulled the rear diff cover off of the D44 and it has a locker of sorts in there. i have no idea what it is. will someone please tell me, and if it is something that is usable can i put it in my chebby front D44? i havent pulled the front cover yet, but im guessing there is nothing in there.

WARNING...following is more bullshitting than tech

oh ya, everything is for sale or free if you come and get it. i have the 266 v8, the t90 tranny, the twin stick xcase (rear is centered) and both the front and rear axles for sale. i may steel that locker or LS or whatever it is outta there though. axles have 3.55 gears in there and are in good shape. everything else is shot to hell, except maybe the xcase. im not sure.

im really looking for a running 350 with the clutch still attached, i need both together.

PM for Qs about the parts. they are in southern oregon.

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe the Power-Lok (lock? however it's spelled) was offered in the 800s.

However, there is no telling what may have been swapped in and out over the past 35 years. How about posting a picture of it?

#3 ·
Sully's right. They typically came with Power-Loks and you can use them in a newer conventional 44 you just need to replace the side gears from the old course spline to the fine spline. You prolly want to replace the clutch packs anyway so buy a master rebuild kit from Spicer.

#6 ·
Davethorik said:
Power-Lok or Trak-Lok. I think the Trak has 2 spiders and the Power has 4. I have heard a lot of people say good things about the Power-Lok.
I don't think the Trak-Lok was available till the Scout II.

#8 ·
binderbound said:
Answer to your first question... junk.

Good luck getting more than a few dollars for most of that. The 266 might be worth something to a 266 collector but I dont know.

It would be cool to have an 800 with a 266 in it, just to completely round out a collection of IH vehicles with every engine in the SV series in it.

Other than that, I can't think of a single reason to own one.

#13 ·
Fawk Awph said:
yes, i did, i had to get it out and i didnt need it. so it was basically worthless to me....you want it? hah.

so the locker is usless and the D20 is also usless?

Callen
Well the twin stick D20 looks to be your most valuable part, until you cut off the sticks! :shaking:

#14 ·
Fawk Awph said:
yes, i did, i had to get it out and i didnt need it. so it was basically worthless to me....you want it? hah.

so the locker is useless and the D20 is also usless?

Callen
I have a d-18 I could pull the levers off of, so there. :flipoff2: Get 30 spline side gears and new clutch packs for the powr-lok and put it in front, it should last a long time since you won't be driving on it all the time.

#16 ·
Mechanos said:
Well, he is a self-proclaimed fuck up. :rolleyes:

I think he likes me...... :laughing:

otherwise, if someone wants the D20 then ill run down and get some sticks for it and ill sell it to you, otherwise its worth about as much as the metal recyclers will give me for it. i have no use for it and its just taking up space.

as for getting 30 spine side gears and new clutch packs. where could i get these? im not looking to spend a lot on this thing, if it costs too much i may just weld the spiders in the current diff and call it good.

Callen

**does anyone know how long a 350/465/205 combo is? minus fan if at all possible, thanks**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.