Pirate 4x4 banner

Who is up for Farmington?

792 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Snoopy 
#1 ·
I'm hitting Farmington for the 1st time ever. So what other I-H guys want to meet up in Farmy over Labor day weekend? There will be at least one TJ and probably other non I-Hs too. Its a 400 mile drive for me. :smokin: Its always me against 10,000 Heeps in the Moab Heep Safari every year. Evens odds though. :D It would be nice to wheel with some UPPER CLASS people for a change!!! :flipoff2:

#3 ·
If you go to farmington you had better have fuel injection and low-low gears. Its steep and its not a good place for a stumbling engine with a carb(can we say cliffs). There were a group of Scout guys that went down there last year and found out the hard way that Farmington is more extreme than they thought. More than Moab in some ways. The "Rock Garden" was really all that they felt comfortable playing in. Yes these were well set up rigs and drivers with lots of experience. The word is leave your hard top at home along with any tears for the body damage.....Have fun.

#4 · (Edited)
Labor day is the 6th.
Rock star, Thanks for the info. I do run with fuel injection along with a few "other" mods!!! :flipoff2: I just might have enough power to run those hills. Its just Boggers ARE not the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th best tire for slickrock. But I'm sure I'll manage somehow with this "homebrew" turd that I have. :grinpimp:
I also hate dents and scrapes. Its a bitch to rub those out and messes up my wax job. Makes me cry!! :( Thats why I have as much chrome as I can get for my Chit. :)

#6 ·
Shadowman Rockstar Has Read The Petersen Article On Your Truck Lots Of Times And Told Me How Sick Your Rig Is. I Liked It To. He Knows You Have Fuel Injection, He Was Posting A Warning For Anyone Else Thinking Of Farmington. I Know He Meant No Disrespect. He Just Doesn't Want You To Have To Babysit Some Guy On 31 10.50's And A 2 Barrel Holley. Sometimes People Show Up That Don't Have The Right Stuff.

#7 ·
IHC4B, Are you saying that my stock Scout w/ 31's won't make it in Farmington. I thought these things go anywhere!?!?! :confused: Will Triangle lift springs help? I was thinking of swapping a Trach-lock from the back to the front and then putiing in a new one in back. I think that should do.

#8 ·
IHC4B said:
Shadowman Rockstar Has Read The Petersen Article On Your Truck Lots Of Times And Told Me How Sick Your Rig Is. I Liked It To. He Knows You Have Fuel Injection, He Was Posting A Warning For Anyone Else Thinking Of Farmington. I Know He Meant No Disrespect. He Just Doesn't Want You To Have To Babysit Some Guy On 31 10.50's And A 2 Barrel Holley. Sometimes People Show Up That Don't Have The Right Stuff.
Hey, No offence taken or given. Just fawking off. :D As for those 2 barrels, you are DEAD on! My Son had to bail out running Hells Revenge in Moab because of the steep hills killing the carb. Its really sucks when you drop off a hill and it dies, the truck that is. :)

#10 ·
shadowman, I know that you have a few mods,wish more scouts were built like it.....
was just trying to keep the purist out of the way with their "stockers". Farmington is Not the place for those guys. BTW, I didnt see a single piece of chrome on your scout.....unless the headers were????? Cut the boggers or get some Claws.
Snoopy, Honestly! trac-loc's,31's and triangles? What have you ben sniffing? I would almost think that you would try to take an XJ out there next! You know better at least I hope so......maybe you have ben reading on the B.B. to much lately.
Who ever goes have a great time. look forward to hearing how it went.

#11 ·
IHC4B: What? I liked taking Snoopy through the drive through ~ its a welcome change to reaching up through that little window of theirs. Besides, when you drive up on someone paying, its always good to see their expression in the rear-view ~ that is, if you can still see the rear view. ;)

RockStar: I know a guy who would most definately like to take his XJ out there ~ actually its now an MJ ~ or at least the front half!
:D :D :D

#13 ·
I was thinking of talking him into it. Don't know if he'd be up to it. Ya, those are 37 MTRs, on Indy ~ that was his maiden voyage. Its down right now after a trip around carnage (BuenaVista) ~ Actually it wasn't carnage, he went up grizzly lake and sliced a radiator hose ~ then drove it down without the engine running and mangled a ball joint or two. I'll chat with him about making farmington...that would be fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.