Weekend Update 3/3-3/4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 35721
Weekend Update 3/3-3/4

Fri. & Sat. had to work all freakin day i think i worked about 23+ hrs in two days

Sun: found out i got the wrong float needle for my carb, the carb was pucking out gas from the vent on top, that carb has been nothing but problems ever since i put it on... but i did pull out my 350 tbi and put it on an engine stand in the shop, gonna start diggin into it next weekend, ill post some pics of it on here soon, if i remember to

here it be...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ih4ever; 03-04-2007 at 09:15 PM.
ih4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 65026
friday night got my 14bolt all setup... just need to weld the brake brackets and perches on and it will be ready to go.

Played army the rest of the weekend...
Old 03-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Just a little fab work on the big Scout.
Next weekend I'll try out the fab work.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6704
took the diff cover off my rear axle and took a picture of it.... that's about it.
KC0UIC
-.- -.-. ----- ..- .. -.-.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 29177
Went to Chiscouter's and picked up a 500 caddy, 4l80e, dana 60f, and a bunch of other goodies for my 1100D build

Pics to follow. I always show off stuff that I paid money for
Blind Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 3815
Re-did some of the new front coil setup. Cut and ground down all of the old leaf spring bracketry on the rear of the frame and rear axle in prep for rear coils/4 link. Thank God for plasma cutters
Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 18592
Send a message via AIM to binderbound
Been playing with my new 1 ton. D70 with factory lift block and caster shim It does have 6.17's and 1.5" inners though. Checkout the lower half ring gaurd.

Stay posted for more info...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by binderbound; 03-04-2007 at 10:22 PM.
binderbound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 56574
SAT- woke up late... then worked on my brothers Willys Pu, building tranny crossmemebers and taking measurements for a belly pan. Also cleaned some dana 60 parts for my buddies CJ7 that I'm building for him.. $$$

SUN- yanked the 8 lug front GM 10 bolt out of the CJ7, installed it temporally into the scout. Then put the scout in the backyard, still waiting on my credit from busted EATON e-LOCKER for my front 60 Moved said CJ over one lane in front of garage door Removed 14 bolt rear axle from CJ and stripped off the drums and backing plates, cut off useless stock perches and shock mounts.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Saturday I picked up a back seat out of a 70s jeep CJ that will fit nicely.
Now I just have to move the fuel cell & fab some mounting brackets for said seat.

Sunday I removed the 4" Curry flat towing shackles & swapped in some homebrew 1/4" plate 6" ones.
Also welded on 2 brackets to bumper for flat towing.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
"Official"

Member # 27575
I didn't do anything and it was wonderful!! Between real work and working on my pickup I haven't had a day off in about 2 months. Really nice just to sit back and enjoy things. Spend Saturday night with the family as it was my birthday. Looking forward to next weekend when I'll be riding in the party wagon up to Moonshiners!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 26369
Send a message via Yahoo to Urban Wheeler
I helped a buddy put a cage in an Isuzu Amigo, watched some videos, and found out my local non-club club made some ink in an Aussie mag.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 18152
Guard Drill so all I got finished was the Travelall's winch plate and stuff.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
IH Parts America Inc

Member # 21419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Smoke View Post
I didn't do anything and it was wonderful!! Between real work and working on my pickup I haven't had a day off in about 2 months. Really nice just to sit back and enjoy things. Spend Saturday night with the family as it was my birthday. Looking forward to next weekend when I'll be riding in the party wagon up to Moonshiners!
I know what you mean about the days off. I spent Sunday enjoying my birthday as well.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS
ihojeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 13731
Didn't do anything IH related.

Did cut an ol' crappy '81 2wd Chevy PU into parts on Saturday. Anything worth value on one of these? I couldn't find anything... Straight six, 10 bolt rear, trashed sheetmetal - all headed to China.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

uglyscout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9835
Finished up my most resent job on wednesday and have been running like a chicken with its head cut off since then. It took me the better part of 2 days to pull the caddy and box up all the stuff for its new home. I was supposed to have a month off before starting work for the black dude wearing the white tights, but it looks like im starting this week working for the white dude in the black tights wearing the cape. Im pretty stoked, the job will go through October and my job will be pretty fun and challenging. An 8 month job in my biz is an eternity.

Before I pulled the caddy I was quite startled when I put a scale under the front axle and it weighed 1800 lbs. The rig was missing the hood, batt, rad, etc, but I figure that stuff to only add up to 200 lbs so I would have ended up at around 2000lbs. Previously with a 345/727/D20 I was 2400 on the front axle When I pulled the drivetrain the caddy and 4l80E fully dressed with headers, mini starter, and alum intake and missing only the alternator weighed 980 lbs I am beyond scratching my head on how I was 400lbs lighter. The 203/241 weighed another 150 I figure and was installed when I came up with the 1800 lbs in the front, but that weight was mostly on the rear

Oh and the wagon I threw together a few months ago collapsed when the rear wheels were froze in the ground and I yanked it with the tractor[IMG]IMG_3471.jpg[/IMG]

That angle wasd 1.5" and very thin an only meant to be temporary. It was a dumpster dive from a previous job. Ill replace it with something stronger, but by heart stopped beating when I saw that cummins start to lean. After jacking the rear to free the wheels I had to drag it at a snails pace about 100 ft before I pulled the engine off
Attached Images

ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6704
That doesn't surprise me much, Chi.... I'm shocked that the little trailer lasted as long as it did. Everytime I've seen it, both in person and in pics, it's been under a massive load. Hell, that Cummins alone tips the scale at ~1000+ lbs.

Now that we're finally getting some warmer weather here, I can actually entertain the idea of getting out in the driveway and working on it some. I still need to pull the rear axle and get it on a pallet to ship to a buyer. Then I need pull all the high steer stuff on the broke-ass front axle and get it boxed up and shipped to another buyer. Since it's sitting in the driveway, I need to maintain the appearance that it's not incapacitated, so I'm going to put another set of SII d44 housings under the front and rear so it can set on it's wheels while I continue build up the 1-tons. Only thing I have left to sell off it is the D300 and (if I decide to) the T19 wide. I'm building another T19 to go in front of the 203/205.
KC0UIC
-.- -.-. ----- ..- .. -.-.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Mechanos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 11615
Send a message via Yahoo to Harvester of Sorrow
I spent my weekend with a lady...went on a road trip with her...

Had a great time...

Walked past my Scout 3 times this weekend.

1. On the way out of town.
2. Getting home.
3. Taking the garbage out last night.

Wrote a song...recorded it in my living room...

Might touch the Scout this weekend with the boys...weather is getting better...

Harvester of Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 80525
i got a new scout.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 29177
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagit_fj40 View Post
i got a new scout.
Now that is a great weekend
Blind Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
I worked on the family car.. "someone" avoided an accident but surfed it on a rock a few weeks ago.. so I finally put some red-heads in the floor and used the snatch block to winch the Buick inside.

Today I picked up the new GM oil pan, gasket, and pickup tube gasket to fix the only major damage..

I was supposed to go wheelin' on Saturday, but after winching the car inside I was going to fix the power steering return line that failed on the last trip and see about the loose steering box..

Bolts were sorta tight, but the frame wasn't..

I put this 1/4" plate behind the box years ago to keep the frame from cracking.. the plate is bent.

So I scratched on the run and started pulling the box and cleaning the frame.

Going to weld the cracks, put a fresh piece of 4x1/4 in place and weld it in this time, weld the seam cracks at the bottom of the frame, gusset the driver's engine mount (it's starting to fold down like the racers' did), finally build the replacement tie-rod/draglink to replace the bent ones (1x.188 wasn't up to par, so 1.25x.30x is the replacement), and I have a BCB StraightSteer and a new high pressure hose coming since I figured I'd shim the relief valve in the pump while I'm in there.

I've been sending too much money to John n' Joe lately.. first the radiator for the race Scout, now parts to fix the trail rig.

Didn't actually do much to anything in the shop over the weekend. My 60 parts from Parts Mike didn't show up Friday, so no progress on the tow rig 60, the GM parts arrived today, and BCB won't ship until today..

Bought another 1/2" drill to replace the one I burned up while drilling the holes in the floor for the redheads. I don't want to drill the DOM with my cordless..
Old 03-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 2071
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagit_fj40 View Post
i got a new scout.
Nice!

There's a cute little 800B in town that's red with a white cab-top.. with a chrome toolbox.. and stacks running up the back of the cab.

It should look so redneck as to be repulsive, but I think it's cuter n' hell.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 80525
yea its a little cuttie now but when it gets the chevy 1 tons under it, it will be a beast.....but it will always be my little baby
Old 03-06-2007, 06:35 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 26369
Send a message via Yahoo to Urban Wheeler
For a minute there I thought you were talking about the trailer we used to drag it to your house. That would have sucked!

Old 03-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
no strings on me

Member # 12036
I am in Hawaii!!!

Nice place to visit.....I can even get on Pirate out in the middle of BFE.

ALOHA.

Mahalo.

That is all.
YellowIH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.