Pirate 4x4 banner

Carb install

832 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  NVScouter 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up a Holley Double Pumper 750cfm carb from a friend for cheap I think.
He gave it to me for 100 bucks and threw in a universal 4 core aluminum radiator so I dont think I am hurt but anyone installed one of these? It has no choke and also I will have to double plate it to get it high enough to not hit the thermostat housing on the front of my 392. It had a q-jet on it that was probably in need of a rebuild and I hear they can be real tricky to get right. Any input i appreciated.

#2 ·
Carb comes off, carb goes on. I just hope you paid attention to what you posted :evil:

Holly double pumper 50 or 500cfm and q-jet........have you looked at your manifold style yet?

Now that was nice of me wasn't it?

Get your ass to the Binderbulletin about this shit. Post wheeling pics, broken pics, scantily clad chics with rig etc here.

Most of us built our own rigs and learned all kinds of shit in the process, I know why you bought yours but that doesnt mean shit here, and you learned zero that way. So post good stuff here and post the crap on the "other BB".

#3 ·
lol

you think I haven't had much wrench time on rigs,cmon know what you speak before you open your mouth. I listed what the carb I bought was meant to say 750cfm and what I had to do to make it work ie the double plate is this a good or bad idea. This is also listed under TECH TALK. Not under general chit chat. How is this in the wrong area? Sorry if you think you are king dingaling just because you "built" your rig, and I guess you did it all with no help at all just came from the womb knowing everything there is to know about building rigs right? No you probably had help asked questions at some point and time. Try to quit being a complete dick and try to give a little assistance sometimes o great knower of everything.

#4 ·
you think I haven't had much wrench time on rigs,cmon know what you speak before you open your mouth. I listed what the carb I bought was meant to say 750cfm and what I had to do to make it work ie the double plate is this a good or bad idea. This is also listed under TECH TALK. Not under general chit chat. How is this in the wrong area? Sorry if you think you are king dingaling just because you "built" your rig, and I guess you did it all with no help at all just came from the womb knowing everything there is to know about building rigs right? No you probably had help asked questions at some point and time. Try to quit being a complete dick and try to give a little assistance sometimes o great knower of everything.
Butthurt for asking a dumb fucking question are we? Yes I think you have jack shit for wrench time. Is it because you bought your rig...nope. Its the dumb questions you pop up with.

So do you know the difference between squarebore, spreadbore, and q-jet? I'm thinking no. And carb spacers have been around for what 60 years? I think somebody may know something about them :shaking::shaking:

now the part I bolded is right on! But this isnt the place to ask as has been said before dumbfuck.

#6 ·
lots of mouth

lots of mouth and flaming on here for tech board. I guess this is just for the few who are assholes and hate to actually help people right???
Why bitch and moan about answering questions if you know the answers?
Does it make you feel better? What the fuck is up so many peoples asses that they can't simply answer a question or two instead of writing a bitch column about how shitty that person is for whatever reason. Wouldn't it be easier just to answer it and help them out?
Your probably the kind of people who laughs at people that are broke down on the trail and drives past them not asking if they need help just stick up your noses and drive on. Quality assholes.
Here's a suggestion, If you don't like my questions them don't answer, don't respond just move on. It's not like this board is the most fast moving thing and is so busy that I am backing it up. So kiss my ass if you don't like my questions as there is no other faq's about this.

#7 ·
lots of mouth and flaming on here for tech board. I guess this is just for the few who are assholes and hate to actually help people right???
Not even close
Why bitch and moan about answering questions if you know the answers?
Because
Does it make you feel better? What the fuck is up so many peoples asses that they can't simply answer a question or two instead of writing a bitch column about how shitty that person is for whatever reason. Wouldn't it be easier just to answer it and help them out?
No
Your probably the kind of people who laughs at people that are broke down on the trail and drives past them not asking if they need help just stick up your noses and drive on. Quality assholes.
Not even close
Here's a suggestion, If you don't like my questions them don't answer, don't respond just move on. It's not like this board is the most fast moving thing and is so busy that I am backing it up.
If is sucks so bad take your hurt pussy and leave
So kiss my ass if you don't like my questions as there is no other faq's about this.
I guess you skimmed the FAQ instead of reading it
There ya go Mr.Goodwrench :laughing:

#8 ·
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672688

But, anywho.....

Ditch that double-pumper, you're fuel mileage is going to be worst you've ever seen. That Holley really needs a squarebore manifold. It has four equal holes just like the bottom of the carb. My vote is for a spreadbore intake and a quadrajet. Or just use a standard Holley carb on the squarebore, if that's what you have.
Fyi, the double-pumper doesn't have a choke and it has double accelerator pumps. One for the front bores and another for the rears. It's basically a race only carb.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info I really don't care that much about the gas mileage because it will only be trailered and trail driven. Without the choke is it still very usable and will it actually give me a little better throttle response and provide better fuel delivery

#18 ·
Hey guys have some respect!

This guy knows people who are working on a PBB rig or some shit..he has mad wrench time!

Noobs all of ya!!!!!!!!!!!

:flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.