New proportioning valve= $100.00!!!!!!!!!!!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2001, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Exclamation New proportioning valve= $100.00!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super scout specialties wanted to charge me that, I asked him "Does that come with KY or Vasaline" he hung up on me.

SO....who has the part number, or phone number for summit or some other place where I can get what I need. There is NO place local here besides a junkyard that has what I need. And I rather get a new piece.


So what's the SKINNY guys....

Oh if anyone has PARTS MIKES phone number I lost it. I like dealing with him, so hook me up.
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Member # 4001
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 3,982
Post

Here:
Wilwood

they sell adjustable ones
__________________
Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers
Scout Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2001, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator
 
Old Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 17
Location: Aptos,Ca
Posts: 13,443
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Post

I run a Summit adj prop valve ( made by wildwood) and a Jamar line lock. If your plumbing the prop valve it's easy to add the line lock. The adj prop valve is cool when your pulling a trailer because you can set the bias more to the rear and it helps stoping by a large margin.

Summit has a install kit as well well worth the $$.

<IMG width=720 height=430 SRC="http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/uploads/line-loc_prop-valve.jpg">
__________________
I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working."

BUY MY BOAT
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-...e-history.html
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2071
Location: Helena, MT USA
Posts: 5,217
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffhanger:
<STRONG>Super scout specialties wanted to charge me that, I asked him "Does that come with KY or Vasaline" he hung up on me.
</STRONG>
D'oh! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> That's news to me.. last I had heard they were no longer available - period. They must've found someone that would make 'em for 'em..

$100 for "unobtainium" parts isn't bad. Try getting a front brake rotor for my '74 200 2wd.. no KY involved - they just plain don't exist at any price.

Quote:
<STRONG>
here besides a junkyard that has what I need. And I rather get a new piece.
</STRONG>
Junkyard is the only place I've been able to find SII proportioning valves.

Or, as the others mentioned, go with an adjustable unit. If you're changing the brakes around enough you probably want/need one anyhow.
__________________
-Tom
KE7VUX
tsm1mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5626
Location: Foresthill, CA
Posts: 35
Post

So.....I guess you would just run the (front) line from the m/c to the front discs, and run a rear line, with adjustable prop. valve in it, to the rear? The OEM prop. valve would have the same effect, except without the adjustability, and that it has that nifty little brake failure light switch integrated into it (can live without, I suppose).... <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0">
__________________
Whaddayameanitsgotdrums?

BRACING FOR IMPACT!!!
mpietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Post

I'm gonna be running 3/4 ton running gear in the future anyway, so the adjustable prop. vavle is definitely in order. Plus my e-brake don't work so Why not throw in a line lock, while I'm there. <IMG SRC="smilies/wink.gif" border="0">

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Scout:
<STRONG>I run a Summit adj prop valve ( made by wildwood) and a Jamar line lock. If your plumbing the prop valve it's easy to add the line lock. The adj prop valve is cool when your pulling a trailer because you can set the bias more to the rear and it helps stoping by a large margin.

Summit has a install kit as well well worth the $$.

<IMG width=720 height=430 SRC="http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/uploads/line-loc_prop-valve.jpg"></STRONG>

Dude how do I contact them. I'll try www.summitracing.com
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2071
Location: Helena, MT USA
Posts: 5,217
Send a message via AIM to tsm1mt
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Paint:
<STRONG> The OEM prop. valve would have the same effect, except without the adjustability, and that it has that nifty little brake failure light switch integrated into it (can live without, I suppose).... <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I KNOW when my brakes have failed - the pedal goes to the floor and it doesn't go WHOA any more. I don't need a little light to tell me something is wrong. <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
__________________
-Tom
KE7VUX
tsm1mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator
 
Old Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 17
Location: Aptos,Ca
Posts: 13,443
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Post

Summit for the prop valve and JC shitney for the line loc.
Summit has a line loc install kit for~ 30.00
__________________
I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working."

BUY MY BOAT
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-...e-history.html
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator
 
Old Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 17
Location: Aptos,Ca
Posts: 13,443
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Post

Hey Cliffy post this question to the BB and lets all see what comes of it!

If Any of you guys awnser it <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">
__________________
I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working."

BUY MY BOAT
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-...e-history.html
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Scout:
<STRONG>Hey Cliffy post this question to the BB and lets all see what comes of it!

If Any of you guys awnser it <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
why do you want me to do that???

PS.....I can't find the install kit from summit, However I did find the adj. Prop. vavle. not a bad price.
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Paint:
<STRONG>So.....I guess you would just run the (front) line from the m/c to the front discs, and run a rear line, with adjustable prop. valve in it, to the rear? The OEM prop. valve would have the same effect, except without the adjustability, and that it has that nifty little brake failure light switch integrated into it (can live without, I suppose).... <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Or you get TWO of the adj. prop. vavles and send one down each end. A little pricey, but makes the brake system a little easier to manage.

Doesn't anyone make an Adj Prop valve that runs both lines and just adjusts the pressure between the front and rear, and not the amount of pressure to any individual one.
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 06:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5982
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 4,288
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffhanger:
<STRONG>Or you get TWO of the adj. prop. vavles and send one down each end. A little pricey, but makes the brake system a little easier to manage.
</STRONG>
How about left and right, then let the wife take it out for a spin, she'd be real happy
<IMG SRC="smilies/pissed.gif" border="0">

Joe <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: jdjanda ]
__________________
Was that a comment meant to hurt?
RU Dysfuncational http://thisdysfunctional.org/forum
jdjanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 06:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5982
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 4,288
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Scout:
<STRONG>Hey Cliffy post this question to the BB and lets all see what comes of it!

If Any of you guys awnser it <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
You get ten pissed off "keep it stock" posts, ten what's a prop value, one can I chrome it, and a comment about BCB not sending one out for three months. <IMG SRC="smilies/jester.gif" border="0">

Joe
__________________
Was that a comment meant to hurt?
RU Dysfuncational http://thisdysfunctional.org/forum
jdjanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 07:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by jdjanda:
<STRONG>How about left and right, then let the wife take it out for a spin, she'd be real happy
<IMG SRC="smilies/pissed.gif" border="0">

Joe <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: jdjanda ]</STRONG>

I don't get the left and right side part.....uhhhhh
<IMG SRC="smilies/confused.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/confused.gif" border="0">
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 07:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Post

So would that be the best way to do it or what.....with the two adj prop valves.....or am I way off base????
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 07:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5650
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 4,520
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffhanger:
<STRONG>
So what's the SKINNY guys....
</STRONG>
Actually I bought one of these things from Giddum UP Scout about a year or so ago. And yes, I paid the $90. Rod wouldn't tell me what it was from but it turns out that LL is reselling a Chevy P-valve. One of my employees worked at a Chevy dealership and so he took the new one in for *examination* - sure enough, it was a chevy 1/2 ton from the mid to late seventies.

I no longer have a part number for it, but if I can get another one of these expensive things then I'll take it back to the Chevy folks and keep them on file so that noone needs to pay more than what they are REALLY worth.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 08:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5982
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 4,288
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffhanger:
<STRONG>
I don't get the left and right side part.....uhhhhh
<IMG SRC="smilies/confused.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/confused.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Set the left for 100%, the right for 50%, instant U-turn <IMG SRC="smilies/jeep1.gif" border="0">

Joe <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">
__________________
Was that a comment meant to hurt?
RU Dysfuncational http://thisdysfunctional.org/forum
jdjanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 09:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 693
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 1,406
Post

Speedway (402-323-3200)

They list 2. One is the Wilwood PN 835-2602220 $38.95. Or Speedway brand(exact copy of the Wilwood) PN 910-31355 $ 32.95.
These are the adjustable type like Summits.
Jay
__________________
46 2A
Jeepdude_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 10:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 226
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 4,106
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffhanger:
<STRONG>So would that be the best way to do it or what.....with the two adj prop valves.....or am I way off base????</STRONG>
WASTE OF MONEY. All the adj. prop valve does is decrease the pressure on the line it is installed in. WHY would you want less than full pressure going to your front brakes?? IF you want less pressure going to the front brakes, don't step on the pedal so hard!
Ben W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 10:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 14
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 3,099
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 61Scout:
<STRONG>WASTE OF MONEY. All the adj. prop valve does is decrease the pressure on the line it is installed in. WHY would you want less than full pressure going to your front brakes?? IF you want less pressure going to the front brakes, don't step on the pedal so hard!</STRONG>
So what you're saying is that the front brakes should get a straight line and the rear gets the adj prop valve.????
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.