Sweet score!!!!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Isuzu
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 18282
Sweet score!!!!!

Ok, so the other day a buddy of mine said he came across this Isuzu trooper and wanted to know if I was interested? I say what the hell and go look at it. I'm thinking cheap beater field rig. So I get there and it's a 86 trooper with only 69k original miles! How much I ask? 300 fawkin bones.... needless to say I bought it on the spot. It runs like a top everything works and it's just been tuned up by a garage with a new carb and the like. Only down fall is most of the windows are busted out thanks to some punks, but who cares cause the top is coming off anyways. I would like some background on these things like what kind of axels they have, strengths ,weakneses and things to look out for... Thanks.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 10124
Damn. I got ripped off!!! I paid $700 for mine in great running condition with glass!!!

Nice score dude. Good all around trucks. Not too small, not too big, plain and simple design with no fancy-schmancy BS frills to worry about.

IFS kinda sucks...Troopers don't really like catching big air, and those front shafts are pretty much a bitch to change out when they break. But for a 'cheap beater field rig' you couldn't get much better.

If it's got the auto hubs, might wanna think about dumping them for manuals. The auto hubs suck arse. There's a whimpy little c-clip that tends to pop off, which can lead to no, zero, nada splines at the hub...not a good thing.

Just chop the top and proceed to beat the shit out of it.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 20564
well...

I have an 86 2 door and it is now topless. I have replaced both front and rear diffs/axles.

that is the week point. 10 bolt rear and 8 bolt front. Almost no aftermarket support for these.

Now I have a 12 bolt rear and a D44 front.

www.rosetech.net/photos/trooper if you want to see pictures of my chopped top since you mentioned you are doing the same. Best Mod I've done.

robt
86 Topless Turbo Diesel Trooper SAS SOA Custom Alum Dash, Cage, Dana 44 front, Detroit ezlocker, Zoo 12 bolt rear Lincoln Locker, cherokee springs, Alum radiator, 36" Super swampers, Stack & Snorkle, VDO gauges
--
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins Superchips, K&N, TST j-hook, transgo VDO gauges
AirTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 17596
sweet find...
hpi_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote