1.8L and 33s... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Isuzu
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2003, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 15939
1.8L and 33s...

Alright im planning on getting a 3" body lift for my luv and going for 33s. My question is, how much of a pig will it be whith em on. And what could i possibly do to get lower gears? Are there anny axles that are compatiablwe whith the 10bolt 7.5" thrid member rear, and 8bolt 6" ifs thrid member front?
Old 10-09-2003, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9222
Re: 1.8L and 33s...

Quote:
Originally posted by mepr
Alright im planning on getting a 3" body lift for my luv and going for 33s. My question is, how much of a pig will it be whith em on.
mine was a dog with the 30's on it. it REALLY didn't like the 35 claws,can you say clutch slip.
larryboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2003, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Uzi
Wheeler

Member # 23703
What axle ratios do you have? If they are higher than say 4.10's it will pry be really hard to get it moving offroad with that small of a motor but I have seen your other posts and you seem to be making more horse power than most 4 cylinder guys so correct me if i am wrong everyone else does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Woof, woof. Fag.
Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12056
Re: 1.8L and 33s...

Quote:
Originally posted by mepr
Alright im planning on getting a 3" body lift for my luv and going for 33s. My question is, how much of a pig will it be whith em on. And what could i possibly do to get lower gears? Are there anny axles that are compatiablwe whith the 10bolt 7.5" thrid member rear, and 8bolt 6" ifs thrid member front?
You might want to rethink the equation all together

My sole opinionated advisory -
A 1stgen Amigo does well with 4.56 and 33s.
It's a nice compromise.

Why not go ahead and go solid axle ?
why would you waste the time and money

Bodylift ? pffft,
I have one.
It's not all it's supposed to be

*twitches*
GonZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 15939
well this is my daily driver so i have to keep all my p[rojects whith in the weekend limit. And i have looked into swapping in toyota axles but the local wrecking yards either dont have them or whant too much for them ($150 a pop). So i just ended up rebuilding the stock ifs front end, it does well for the mild trails i do. The biggest reason i whant to get 33s is for winter wheeling, the luv pushes snow and gets stuck alot. As for ratios i have 4.10s now and i have a set of factory 4.56s.
as for the motor it makes good power. i actuaaly ran it on the 1/4 mile (dont ask it was a bet) and i ran a 16.75. I can three pedal power brake the 28 tsls on dry pavement fairly easilly. From those things i figure its making roughly 115-120hp and abot 140-150lbs ft. And here shortly it will probly be making alot more power as i have my sights set on a 1.8L turbo from an impulse...

Last edited by mepr; 10-28-2003 at 12:05 PM.
mepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Uzi
Wheeler

Member # 23703
I would put the 4.56's back in and stick the 33's on you should be good to go with that much power out of your 4 banger specially if you get that turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Woof, woof. Fag.
Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 6359
You can buy Toy Axles for $150 a pop ? Front axles ? And you call that expensive ? For the price of the axles you would have a real front end, with endless possibilities for lockers, LSD, a real suspension, whatever. Any $$ you blow on the IFS and MORE power from the 1.8L. Say it to yourself slowly, 1.8L. It wont be low end pull your're getting. I'd say go with the SAS SOA or ship em out here so I can sell them.... I cant envision a Turbo setup, (with a carburator), being that productive in the snow.... Sputter, stall, lag, VROOOOOM slip spin... wrong application. Well, maybe not. It would seem you could adapt the Toy axles for a whole lot less than converting to a turbo. Do you have emmisions enforcement in your state ? The SOA would give you round 6-inches of lift, with commensurate flex and articulation. Pleeeenty of room for the 33"s and the snow. The rear goes SOA with new perches. The body lift gives you pfffffft for flex .....