ok silly axle question - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Isuzu
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2003, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 15939
Red face ok silly axle question

Alright, i have my sights set on another trooper(yeah the $300 one was gone when i got to it). Its a 1990 5speed. I was wondering what the axles will be under it and what to watch for. The 5speed has the integrated t-case right(what is it MUA or something) and will it have the 10bolt IFS front and 12bolt rear combo, or is it a D44 rear? Alright thanks for the help guys. Oh and by the way, is $975 a good price for a 4door? And i dont know what motor it has, it ididnt look like there was any badging so that means 2.6L 4 right?
Old 11-19-2003, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 16384
Send a message via AIM to paulevans76
yeah prolly a 2.6. definately a MUA5, and rear will be a 12 bolt.

ask if he's done the head gasket yet, if he hasn't you more than likely will be soon.

that sounds like a fair price, but if you can show up with cash, less may do. that green sure is purty when you've been trying to get rid of a vehicle for a while.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2003, 09:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 15939
yeah i didnt know when they started putting D44s under zus. Well thanks for the help guys, im hoping to have a message from em when i get home
Old 11-19-2003, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 21185
I paid $800 for an 86 that needed a fair bit of work when I got it and I'm still happy with the purchase. At the time I would have paid $975 for a 90, especially if it had AC. (Bought in the middle of summer) Now if I were in the same position, I would probably jump at it.

If they are asking $975 I'd at least start out offering $750-800 and see how much they think it over. If nothing else, I'd bet you could get it for $900 if you show up with 9 crisp bills in cash.

It wouldn't hurt to ask about the timing belt as well as the head gasket. Also look over the interior for heater core leaks. That bit me on my 86 and I think between finding a replacement and getting it put in it was more trouble than when I replaced the timing belt. Basically, keep in mind as you look it over to be looking for the bad stuff. It is easy to get excited about all the good stuff and miss something. When you try to bargain, that mental list of bad points can be voiced and help convince them they should give you a break on the price.
800XL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2003, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 1005
Quote:
Originally posted by mepr
yeah i didnt know when they started putting D44s under zus.
Don't worry. They never put D44's under the Troopers.

Michael
mlclark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 15939
well i finally got ahold of the seller. I guess i dislexed some numbers becouse hes only asking $795 for it
He tells me everthing works, only problem is it has a miss. So ill be doing some work on it. He told me he has not replaced any components in the motor and whith over 100,000miles ill have to replace the tim ing chain and tensioner and headgasket right? Oh and it is a 4banger. Im going out whith my dad and hopefully if its not too bad and we can talk him down enough coming homw whith a new trooper on Saturday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.