Pirate 4x4 banner

color me gone...

2K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  AirTrooper 
#1 · (Edited)

#4 · (Edited)
less is more

#6 ·
So does this mean I'll have to forward your mail to you here?

Just remember not to piss off Roxy and you'll be fine here.

Hell, I had to dust off my password to even get in here. Guess I'll have to keep it polished up now.

Haaaaaa!

Talk to you later Robt.

SSSRodeo

#8 · (Edited)
no sweat

#9 ·
So Curtis,

What the heck is with that SSSRodeo? sounds like one of those Master RACE rodeos or sumtin' At first I did not know who it was...

Stainless Steel Studly?
Surly stock steed
Supremo Super Stone crusher?

#10 ·
We really ought to encourage diesel swaps
i've been thinking about a duramax 6.6l swap. and it would still be isuzu so thats cool. the transmission and strasfer case are really long though so i'm not sure if i could make it fit. what do you think. :smokin:

#13 · (Edited)

#14 ·
AirTrooper said:
So Curtis,

What the heck is with that SSSRodeo? sounds like one of those Master RACE rodeos or sumtin' At first I did not know who it was...

Stainless Steel Studly?
Surly stock steed
Supremo Super Stone crusher?
Actually it stands for Super Silly Slow Rodeo. Has something to do with those three shifters coming thru the floor. But, since my grandkids put the plastic propeller out back I've thought about shorting it to SSRodeo...The prop was a joke, cause they said looks looks like it can go anywhere
I thought you knew that was me from the begining, especially since the SIG says I live in Rhome.

SSSRodeo

#17 ·
C'mon. :rolleyes: We banned *ONE* guy, and temporarily at that.

I'm bummed that anyone departed over this, but if you choose not to follow the simple guidelines, perhaps it is best. Is the ability to cuss and threaten others (the reason for the ban) more important than Isuzu 4x4 tech? :confused: No need to answer -- I won't be sucked further into a public discussion about moderation.

I'm still committed to keeping a clean, on-topic forum, as we've done for five years. Best of luck to everyone, regardless of where they post, and I hope to see you all on the trail sometime and share a cold beverage.

Randii

#18 ·
I'm bummed that anyone departed over this, but if you choose not to follow the simple guidelines, perhaps it is best.
Well I (personally) didn't depart, just added a new home to the list. As for the rest, I wasn’t fully "up" on what happened. And as for the "simple guidelines" sometimes they are abit to finite for me, but I’m not complaining. I don’t own the Wire therefore any decisions made there are not for me to question. Personally though I don’t like being told what I can and cannot say, so when I have something really important to get across and I think I need to use an expletive I’ll just post it here. No problems, no worries. :grinpimp:

#21 ·
SSSRodeo said:
So does this mean I'll have to forward your mail to you here?

Just remember not to piss off Roxy and you'll be fine here.

Hell, I had to dust off my password to even get in here. Guess I'll have to keep it polished up now.

Haaaaaa!

Talk to you later Robt.

SSSRodeo
Yup...that Roxy is a bitch :D :roxy:

#22 · (Edited)
bob large said:
What was the deal with that anyway???

I’ve had so many posts deleted; I’m amazed that I haven’t gotten the axe.

Actually,I haven't left the Wire. With my new promotion I just haven't had time nor anything relevant to add there latley. Same here.

After reviewing the facts, I find they have bent over backwards to warn and ask for rules compliance. Some folks got carried away with the extreme use of foul language and other violations. I hadn't had the time to read all the threads so I wasn't aware of how bad it was. One of my friends there sent me some excerpts of the worst to bring me up to speed.

I did take offence to the shotgun threat. But hey, I guess that was the only way to get the attention of some of those asshats. I know it got my attention!

I still have a lot of friends there and won't be turning my back on any of them. The Moderators are first rate in my opinion. I sure as hell wouldn't do it for free....

Both of these Forums have their benifits, that's why I am a member of both.

SSSRodeo aka CurtisJ

#23 · (Edited)
simple guidelines

#24 ·
SSSRodeo said:
Both of these Forums have their benifits, that's why I am a member of both.[SSSRodeo aka CurtisJ
Ditto, my friend. :cool2:

Randii (who's scairt of :roxy: too!)

#26 ·
the wire is full of great isuzu info. i've never seen a more complete resource for SAS and power train swaps. that said, it has its less appealing side.

i was banned for "flaming toy chat" back at the end of june. this is a euphamism for "offending liberal moonbats who can't form a complete line of logic." how dare i? i dared by offering cogent points in a political debate.

randii, i never threatened anyone. i never used one profane word. i did something far worse--i posited arguments that the shrill, desperate, frightened, uninformed left could not refute. all of the offending posts were confined to threads that were specifically dedicated to these topics. the threads were always started by someone else (and ostensibly finished by me). at the time of my banishment, none of my posts were deleted and none were edited by moderators. that would too obviously have been outright cencorship. i never gave them a simple excuse nor method to shut me up. i was, on the other hand, threatened once and cussed ("you @&*%$!") on more than one occasion. i could care less except that these posters were never admonished or called down. i don't give a damn what anyone thinks of me. it is, however, troubling to me when a group of adults, like the moderators at the wire, show so little equity and maturity.

no bbs is a democracy. i'm fine with that. i just wonder if those people realize how they look from the outside? some boards strike me as having the same guidelines as an elementary school talent show.

i'd love to be able to dig through the compiled information at the wire. it's a treasure trove. i have no real desire to debate there any longer. nothing is solved by debating with pouters who take their ball and go home when they lose.

ahem.........anyone know who drives the SAS'd trooper i've been seeing lately in south knoxville? it's about a '90. two-tone, mostly maroon with silver accents. i think it had factory v-6 tags. looked like it had toy axles. the work, from what i could see, looked professional. this truck was *clean.* i'd say it had 38's on it. i'm carrying my camera around now. i've seen the guy twice, and i haven't been able to flag him down.

--Loveday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.