more trooper questions - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Isuzu
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 45714
more trooper questions

First off I would like to thank everyone who posted pictures of their vehicles with the larger tires on them. This helps me greatly in deciding what size I will put on my trooper. I do have a few more questions though

Does anyone have experiance with installing the calmini header or camshaft on their isuzu 2.6? I was wondering how much extra power these parts add, if its noticable and if they are really worth the money. I really dont want to swap engines out if I could just get alittle more performance out of the stock 2.6L.

Also, it seems like although 33's do fit under a stock trooper, it works much better when complimented with a small body lift. My question is when a body lift is performed, what lines (brake, fuel?) will need to be extended, and will the steering shaft need extended. I have never performed one before so I am new to this. Is it possible I could just install a 1 or 2 inch lift and not have to deal with extending any lines or shafts?
Thanks again for your time,
Matt
Bossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 16384
Send a message via AIM to paulevans76
make sure to do some searching here, 4x4wire.com's forums and planetisuzoo.com's forums. You should be able to find all your answers on your own, but I'll see how I can help now, seein as how I already bothered to post

You can get a little more pep out of the 2.6 using the cam, opening the exhaust and letting it breath in easier. without a lot of major engine work, it will never be a fire breathing beast, but you might be able to spin the tires on wet grass, at least

AFAIK, with only 1" body lift, you dont have to change anything, except maybe the the bolts for the body mounts. once you go over 2" most people seem to need the steering shaft extension. You can always raise the gas tank up with whatever size body lift you use, just need to cut/re-do the mounts. you would gain a lot of ground clearance under the rear of the troop that way.

Give Matt at Independent4x.com or Joe at Darlington-offroad.com a shout and they could help you a lot more than me.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 43500
body lift

I installed a 3" body lift on my trooper. I never needed the steering shaft extension. I am willing to sell it to somebody if they need it. But if you were to buy a body lift it should come with the extensions needed for the lift.
94trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 33945
I have a calmini header on my 2.6. And I have a pacesetter sitting in my shop. When I get the funds together Iím going to change out the whole exhaust system and use the pacesetter. The quality looks better with the pacesetter and as for the cam Iím going with delta cam. Which just regrind the stock cam.