94 Isuzu Rodeo rear door lock - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Isuzu
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 113768
Unhappy 94 Isuzu Rodeo rear door lock

I have a problem with a 94 Isuzu Rodeo i just got. I can't get the rear door lock to lock. It doesn't lock when all the other doors are locked. Is the lock supposed to stay pushed in and if it is am I doing something wrong? It stays popped out and it does pop open the window but still it doesn't lock. I know this probably sounds stupid but the car is new to me and I'm still trying to learn a few things. Can someone help me out please? I'd really appreciate it!
Crystyne
crystyne77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 109069
Do you mean it will not lock electrically when you push down the driver's lock knob or use the key in the door or do you mean it will not lock when you manually push down the lock knob on the rear door in question?
andyrewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 52361
I'm not getting a good picture of this, but I'll give it a shot, from memory of my 98 Rodeo. The button was "out" and if it was locked, it just pushed in with light pressure and sprung back out with light pressure. If it was unlocked, either by the key or the power locks, it had substantial resistance and popped the window open when pressed. The key turned left and right to lock and unlock. Once the glass was open, you could open the tailgate.
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 109069
I thought you meant one of the passenger doors. Now I get it. The rear gate lock is not electrically locked. You have to use the key. Insert the key and turn 90* and the button cannot be pushed in. Turn it the other way and the button can be pushed to pop the glass. All the button does is pop the glass. My key doesn't work in my back lock, I suspect a PO swapped put the lock once upon a time and it uses a different key that I do not have. It is locked though so it is secure and I have to pop the glass from the dash and the tailgate opens after the glass is popped.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 114103
How do you pop the glass from the dash? I have a 98 Rodeo and my rear gate nor window will open. I have turned the key to unlock it but I don't get that resistance you should should get, it just pushes right in. Is there another way to open?
Barbiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 109069
My 94 has a button on the left side of the steering wheel for the rear glass. The second generation Rodeos may be different. Anyone?
Old 05-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 113768
The rear door lock does not lock at all on my Rodeo. I think the previous owner may have broke a key in the lock because my key doesn't slide into the lock hardly at all and it looks like something is inside (and has been for a while) The door will not lock when I use the drivers side push lock either. The window can be popped open any time which kinda pisses me off since i can't leave anything in my car. Thanx to everyone who has input on my stupidity!
crystyne77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 114103
Call AAA they can get the broken key out.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 114103
Andyrewj- I do not have a button, I checked. Does anyone know another way to get the back window and door open? Now the key will not turn at all.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 25557
may try to remove access panel or the plastic panel from inside,then move the lock ass. by hand. then try to push/pull on the levers inside??

goodluck
Bansil is offline   Reply With Quote