Pirate 4x4 banner

XJ Cab Chop and 404s Build-Up

181K views 208 replies 66 participants last post by  859054 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you have asked for a build-up thread so here goes.

Started last October with:

Specs then:
-HP44 and 9" - full-width, 4.88s, Ox front and Detroit rear
-9" lift, 3-link with trac bar, leaves/blocks
-37" Irok radials, etc.

Attachments

See less See more
#77 ·
hey man im also in edmonton, pm me your details, id love to come by and take a look at your rig, sure looks slick, not too many portaled rigs in these parts.... some in cowtown....
ill be back in edmonton on the 27dec
i have the desert sand tj on 37s, maybe youve seen it around....?

really sweet rig man! :beer:

#78 · (Edited)
4Mogger - thanks for the compliments. I'm waiting to see how yours works:smokin:

dukguy - I got my stuff from Exaxt. I forget off the top of my head what the costs were but they are all listed at http://www.exaxt.ca

Sharp - I haven't actually seen you around. What part of the city are you in? I'm mostly in the West end and North side.

#79 ·
i'm on the west side too, but my heep is sleeping at the mo, i'm out in Hungary studding so thats why i said ill only be back around xmas time, ill shoot you a pm when i get back, we'll have to grab a beer or two, and youll have to let me drool all over your rig. :beer:

#81 ·
Tydes - they were cutom built. Are you in the market for some? These are for sale - PM me if you are interested.

#83 ·
master94546 said:
i love the way ur rig turned out im working on mine now. im going with 2 steeing axles and leaving them the full width of the mog since i already got 13" of lift. my question is have u ran it on the freeway and what rpm did u spin at if you did
Try this: VERY cool!
http://www.4lo.com/calc/gearratio.htm :flipoff2:

#84 · (Edited)
At 50 MPH it runs around 2900 on the factory tach. It only sees that when I have to run between stretches of trail down the highway.

#86 ·
camoxj said:
when are we going to see some flex pics of the jeep?
Maybe this weekend if I can find the time and somewhere to flex it up close to home.

#87 ·
this has inspired me to go buy the xj down the road that has been sitting for about 2 years.I dopn't have the budget you have, but I sure like your ideas! I have a pair of d70s in my garage now. nice work.

#88 · (Edited)
Budget - what budget!:laughing: I went WELL over my budget about 6 months ago - so far the wife hasn't asked for a divorce but I'm sure she's not far away some days.:eek:

#89 ·
xtremexj94 said:
Budget - what budget!:laughing: I went WELL over my budget about 6 months ago - so far the wife hasn't asked for a divorce but I'm she's not far away some days.:eek:
Me too-- started over the budget almost exactly 6 months ago. And now Christmas! All I asked for is a infrared thermometer to keep tabs on the running gear on the highway. If I buy anything else I will be living in the garage with my toys!

#90 ·
4Mogger said:
If I buy anything else I will be living in the garage with my toys!
I know how you feel! I was trying to talk my way into just a low end camcorder for Christmas and I got "the look". Oh well, there's always next year! :D

#92 ·
Never had leaves on it since the 42s were on. Are you talking about the very first 2 pics on page 1? That was with 37s and the springs were just a compilation of leaves.

#94 · (Edited)
gutt 72 - No, not at 4 Wheel anymore. The XJ stays at home in the garage these days - I can drive around town but it won't be seeing any highway trips (except on the trailer):grinpimp:

#96 ·
ANLPROB said:
:) You still havn't brought the rig back over to my place since you finished it off!! Did you pick up the hubs from the machine shop last Friday? Lets go get some more pics of the rig soon!:)
You're welcome to roll by any time dude (it's only 10 blocks away).:flipoff2: Yes, I did pick up the hubs - now I just need to find the time to install them.:)

#99 ·
Not much for updates at the moment - starting the work on the disc brake swap. Just waiting for a few more parts and I'll get some pictures up of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.