Need help asap - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Cherokee
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 75011
Need help asap

Ok I installed dual electric fans in my XJ today, followed wiring instructions from a write up. Went to test the fans and got nothing, but what I did notice was that my CB and brake controler(for popup) were on and when I hit the switch to turn on the fans they both turned off, and now my CB is not acting right. Also the Jeep its self will not turn on(biggest problem right now), I played with the battery cables and got the lights to turn on but when I turn the key to the ON position there was a loud pop and everything turned off. I noticed also that after the pop the CB and BC were not on any more I turned my lights to the off position and they came back on, pulled the lever for the lights and the CB and BC turned off.

I need to get this running for a trip next weekend

TIA

Andrew
xrayjeeper83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 52469
if you heard a pop may of blown a relay or something. not sure if blowing a fuse it would pop, maybe. anyways if you throw the switch to the on and the fans go off but when you throw the switch off the fans come on then the connections on the back of the switch are reversed. need some more info on how everything is connected.
incideagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 75011
The fans dont come on at all, when I throw the switch for the fans it turns other things on and off. Right now I need to get the damn jeep to start then Ill worry about the fans LOl

Andrew
xrayjeeper83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
TJP

Member # 7595
This isn't the correct forum for this post. This forum is looking like JU does.

This forum is meant for HARDCORE XJ,MJ,and other wagon tech and info.

Put your post where it belongs and I might just help you out....

If you don't believe me try this link /forum/jeep-cherokee/569346-im-confused.html

Here's some quotes from it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
stock XJ stuff can go in the non-hardcore jeep stuff. think of this as the hardcore XJ section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Nemo View Post
I think it's going to end up as "hardcore" as the users allow it to be. If the users respond to the "how much lift to fit 30's" questions, then this will end up like NAXJA's little sister. If the users can remember that this is an "Extreme rockcrawling" board and weed out the trivial BS, I think it will be valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N View Post
No Mo said it.....Think of it as a hardcore Non SWB Jeep section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottenger View Post
I agree. As I think the saying goes, "Build it and they will come". Well it's up to us to build it however we want. I think it's worth a try. If it fails to work out, then we will have what we had before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
BINGO !!

it's up to you guys with wagons to make this forum as cool as you want it. I have seen some pretty nice junk around so I am sure the die hards will lead the way and make this forum cool.

So delete your post and make a new one where it belongs...