Jeep 4.0 blower setup? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 166191
Jeep 4.0 blower setup?

Hey guys, let me start by saying I'm not a jeep guy, but I am trying to find out some info on a blower setup I have. It came off a 1999 Jeep 4.0 and its the intake, the blower, the throttle body, and the wastegate or blow off valve. It looks to be a M90 and seems to be in very good shape. The intake looks to be very nice quality. Are these things being ran on jeeps very much? Its the only one I've seen on a Jeep. I traded for swapping out a engine. It was on the engine I swapped out. The guy had his timing retard turned off and cracked a piston. I put a used engine in his jeep and ended up with this thing.

I'm a chevy guy and its to small for one of my engines but it sure looks cool. How popular are these things? How much power can it make on a jeep?What else can I use it on?

Oh , how can I post a pic? My server wont let me access any photo hosting sites.
Heartattack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 9718
wanna sell it?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 166616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartattack View Post
Hey guys, let me start by saying I'm not a jeep guy, but I am trying to find out some info on a blower setup I have. It came off a 1999 Jeep 4.0 and its the intake, the blower, the throttle body, and the wastegate or blow off valve. It looks to be a M90 and seems to be in very good shape. The intake looks to be very nice quality. Are these things being ran on jeeps very much? Its the only one I've seen on a Jeep. I traded for swapping out a engine. It was on the engine I swapped out. The guy had his timing retard turned off and cracked a piston. I put a used engine in his jeep and ended up with this thing.

I'm a chevy guy and its to small for one of my engines but it sure looks cool. How popular are these things? How much power can it make on a jeep?What else can I use it on?

Oh , how can I post a pic? My server wont let me access any photo hosting sites.
Do you have a gmail account? If so go to picasaweb.com and login using your gmail account. It offers free photo hosting.

I don't know much about the blower setup on a 4.0l, but they are out there. There are some videos on youtube also.

Last edited by Justdhutch; 01-18-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Justdhutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 99513
Meh. . forced induction is forced induction.

The reason the other owner took out a piston was due to detonation. Probably running too small injectors and lower octane fuel. A BTM is just a quick bandaid. I have one installed, but I don't remember last time I used it. Also, if your tune is not right, your not right. At a bare minumum, you need a piggy back programmable unit with these applications.

Power gains can be any where from 260 to 300hp / 350 trq at the fly wheel depending on tune on a stock 4.0. You throw in a stroker 4.6-4.8 with all the goodies, you can see around 450 hp plus / 600 trq. But your spending serious coin at that point.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"][B]NEW BEGINNINGS:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=971511[/url]
jpfrk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 68634
The eaton m90 is pretty common.. easy 5 to 7 psi. U can port the blower and get a smaller pulley but makes tomuch heat.. the set up u have is fine and a good add on. Ive done 4 builds using the same setup.. i suggest atleast a fmu vortec is the easyer one to find. As for tuning.. i used megasquirt. But u can also use a apexi safc. Its a hand held tuner thats usually used for honda and dsm cars. But can be wired to any ecu. Easy way to control timing.. as for fuel mustang 24 to 30lb injectors are pretty easy to come buy and will help out.

Only think that i hated about the m90 was the best place to mount it was the ac mounts.. other then that is sounds cool and is the fastest way to get power..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.