Chris' Bent Fab 4 Seater - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 120079
Chris' Bent Fab 4 Seater

Ok, I'm 2 years into this build and feel that it is time to share with the world. I want to give props to Paul at Bent Fabrication in Phoenix, AZ. for the time he took out of his schedule to build a chassis for a friend (me). This was the first complete chassis out of Bent Fab's shop shortly followed by Marty's 3 seater that most of you watched his build also on here. I have gotten far enough along now that I can keep you thirsty web wheelers happy with pics for a while.

Build plans are:
-Mostly 1 3/4" .120 DOM with some 1 1/2" DOM mixed in on bracing.
-.156 wall around bottom and boat sides for obvious reasons
-Chevy 4.3 with a few goodies but nothing crazy
-700R4, B&M ratchet shifter
-Dana 300 flipped,4.1,twin sticked, NWF cable shifters, 32 spline F&R outputs,1350 yokes, 27 spline input for 700R4
-Dana 60 rear, spool,5.38, disk brakes, Bent Fab Truss/link mounts, 1350 yoke
-Dana 60 Ford HP kingpin front, spool,5.38,yukon 35 spline shafts,Tera Flanges, Nitro u-joints, Bentfab truss/upper link mounts, chromoly Bent Fab gusseted stock knuckles
-PSC double ended 8" ram, PSC GM high flow pump, PSC resi,PSC column,PSC quick release aluminum steering wheel, Bent Fab high steer arms double sheered off of stock knuckles
-Griffin aluminum raditor, 16" fan+shroud,stainless overflow canister
-Front and rear Fox 16" 2.5 air shocks
-Front and rear lower links are 2"x.500 DOM with 1.25" heims
-Front and rear upper links are 1 1/2"x.281 DOM with 1" heims
-112" wheel base with somewhere around 22" to belly
-17x9 black steelies with Bent Fab weld on rings
-39" Sticky Krawlers
-Corbeau baja seats
-12 Volt Guy competion switch panel, Autometer carbon fiber guages and monster tach
-Front 12000# Milemarker, rear 2500# Milemarker for suck down
-Wilwood dual master brake pedal setup

I have actually aquired 99.9% of every part listed and am pretty far along with the build. I'm going to pace myself with my posts so I can keep the progress coming to you. I want to give a HUGE thanks to my dad for spending every waking minute side by side with me in the shop every single Saturday to apply his knowledge and ideas to this father and son project.

Start of the chassis

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Delivered to my house

[IMG][/IMG]

Built my motor mounts

[IMG][/IMG]

Motor in

[IMG][/IMG]

Rear lower link mounts

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Rear Upper mounts

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Blazer4RoXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 120079
Gas tank and back seat mounted

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

New hexed end links

[IMG][/IMG]

New shop

[IMG][/IMG]

Solid aluminum tie rods

[IMG][/IMG]

Ram mount by Bent Fab

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Front upper link mounts

[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 120079
Roller

[IMG][/IMG]

Seats

[IMG][/IMG]

Radiator

[IMG][/IMG]

Skin ideas

[IMG][/IMG]

Shop supervisor

[IMG][/IMG]

Floor and firewall templates. Made out of 1/8" aluminum now

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Hood Idea

[IMG][/IMG]

First time outta the garage. Headed for a new front bumper...

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

This is where I leave off for now. I'll get some updated pictures this week and keep the post alive. Just wanted to show pirate crowd what I've been up to. I love watching build threads and finally feel confident enough to show the entire build. My dad and I have never built a buggy but I know what i like and have seen what works. We wheel the badest hardest trails in the US here in AZ and feel that this buggy will only enhance our love for the sport. Hope you guys like what you see cause its our dream coming together!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 32464
Nice looking work so far.

The seats look to be kinda high, the skin pic and just looking at how high the floorboard is compared to the tranny tunnel?

I love watching builds that have room for the kids!
jkh533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 173564
More pics! Great work. Nice fab.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 120079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh533 View Post
Nice looking work so far.

The seats look to be kinda high, the skin pic and just looking at how high the floorboard is compared to the tranny tunnel?

I love watching builds that have room for the kids!

Yep. I've got 4 little ones at home and the 4 seater was a must. I hate leaving someone home who wants to tag along. This gives me options and the chassis is still only 50" wide at its widest point so it's not a large 4 seater but everyone is comfy.

As for the seats...It's an illusion. The belly is super deep on this thing allowing most of my weight to be kept low and allows for a flat floor. I have tons of head room even while wearing helmets.

Here's my 2 oldest daughters in my old rig

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 212046
Subscribed, that looks awsome, and will only look better as you reveal more, my girls love the outdoors as well.
TheDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 120079
Paul (Bent Fab) bent up this bumper for me. I love the shape and it adds character to the front end. He ended up needing to cut off my generic winch mount so I took the time to change it up a bit and add a little more style to it. My approach angle is freakin awesome now. The front tires stick out a solid foot maybe more past my bumper. My last rig struggled and held me up a bit due to overhang on the front, hanging me up on steep climbs or water falls, so I plan on doing away with that issue. I also bent my aluminum firewall pieces and dropped it off for Paul to TIG together for me. My goal is to keep everything removable piece by piece so I had him put a 1 1/4" flange around the entire bottom of the firewall so I can screw it to the floor as well as tabs welded to the frame. My dad is the artist who spent many hours swirling the floor and firewall designs....Looks pretty freakin cool and i like the clean look of it.

Firewall and floor installed

[IMG][/IMG]

Bumper and winch 12,000lb installed

[IMG][/IMG]

Winch mount. The winch is directly over the front upper link mounts so i left the center of the winch plate open and added a 3/4" rod between the mounts that allows me to drop my winch cable straight down through the mount and utilize it as a suck down without destroying my winch rope by pulling at a forward angle.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Blazer4RoXs; 04-15-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 120079
Here's the start of the dash. Everything is framed out with 1" DOM and covered with 1/8" aluminum. The layout is simple and clean, gauges can be seen clearly, radio has IPOD hookup that are right in front of the passenger, and the most beautiful part of all is he bling of the "12 Volt Guy" switch panel. I have a toggle for the ingnition power followed by a rubber push start button instead of a key, then onto winch control toggle with engraved "In" "Out" momentary switch so no more running a winch remote from the winch to the inside. Means i have winch controls at my finger tips at all times. I also had him install a second momentary winch control for my rear suck down, also engraved "In" "Out". There is 6 switches to run whatever I end up putting in with LED red lights showing power on. Now for those of you not familiar with 12 volt guy panels, they are extremely fancy stuff, completely pre-wired, fuses on the panel so I'm not digging around trying to find blown fuses, worth every penny that I paid for sure. The wow factor is beyond my belief. He (12 volt guy) custom made this panel for me by my needed dimensions and it came out freakin perfect!

Now onto the transfer case shifters. These are North West Fab dana 300 cable shifters that operator flawlessly and allowed me to flip my dana 300 to driver drop with zero modifications. Not to mention look perfect and fit every aspect of my theme on the interior perfectly.
My transmission shifter is a B&M quicksilver ratchet style shifter...Not in love with the ratchet action, but I'll learn and feel it out the more I use it.

These are cell phone pics so sorry for poor photo quality

Mounted shifters

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Radio and 12 volt guy panel

[IMG][/IMG]

Interior layout

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 173564
Those gauges must be the new Autometer ALL cobalt. hahah. nice and blue.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 210316
i finished martys three seater made into two seater

i completed martys buggy its now a two seater.summited to crawl tring to get it mag changed alot of things too get me in it but it flat out works can't wait to see yours finished.pic off the wife taking out for the first spin
Attached Images

cuontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 193461
Bump for updates!
adamwende is offline   Reply With Quote