any tips on a 350 in a cj7 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2001, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 1847
Send a message via AIM to Donny O Send a message via Yahoo to Donny O
Post any tips on a 350 in a cj7

I am in the middle of putting a 350 chevy in my jeep. have the tanny mounted to the engine and the engine mounted in(working on broken bolts on tranny mount), but I could use some tips from those that have done it on a bunch of little things. I didn't keep a lot of the things from the 304 I took out(sold it). having a bit of trouble with power sterring lines....tried original and they didn't bend right to go to the pump and neither did the ones that were on the pump I put in. th wiring itself will be a mess with going from what was in there to a GM HEI system and all the other changes, but I think(hope) we can figure most of that out. any tips from those of you that have done it or things to look out for would be helpfull.
99 Camaro SS convertible, Hugger Orange, 1 of 18
Donny O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2001, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2082
Send a message via AIM to TPIJeep
Donny,

I have done two of these conversions and am just about to finish another one, the pump lines try to use as much rubber line as you can and stay away from the hard lines, use whatever fittings are necessary right at the pump but plumb the rest in rubber. A hydralic shop should be able to change the fittings on the stock hoses to ones that might work better.

The HEI system is a breeze, there will be one large 12 guage wire that went to some part of your old 304 system most likely will be red with a white stripe, hook up the battery and turn the key one and see if the key controls that wire if so connect it to the positive wire on the HEI and you are done.

The big problem you are going to have is cooling it, I went with an 27.5" x 19" Griffin to cool my 415 Small Block.

Oh, block hugger headers with 2.5" outlets will allow you to keep you exhaust inside the frame rails if you want, about 90 bucks a set from summit racing.

Good Luck..

BioHazard Buggy Build Thread

Southern Motor Sports
Ruston, Louisiana
TPIJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.