14 bolt in, Wheelbase @ 105", and Aggro Beadlocks - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2001, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 1065
14 bolt in, Wheelbase @ 105", and Aggro Beadlocks

I got the 14 bolt, swapped in this evening.
The new spring mount locations, have stretched the wb to 105"+.
I installed the new 8 lug Beadlocks, that Big feck is manufacturing under the Aggressive Off Road Label, they are called AGGRO's. They are beefy.
I didnt have a chance to drive it yet,... still needs a drive line,(and more than 3 lug nuts at each wheel) I need to hook up the shocks, and finish cutting away some sheet metal.
but everything else is just about ready, we will deffinitely be at 100% in time for CalRocs this weekend.
Here is a crappy night shot, but you can get an idea of the extended wb.

here is a pic of the dual line locks mounted on the axle, they worked great when they were on the 8.8
Old 11-14-2001, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 1700
i most definatly like!!! snap a couple shots tommarrow when that big yellow thing is in the sky.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2001, 05:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 2587
Location: 38*45.859N 120*34.534W (N. Ca) Future location of beachfront property.
WoW! I didn't know that I made beadlocks!!! Now I'm going to be rich and famous for sure!
Aggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 4247
Hey looks awsome, see you at CalRocs I will cheer you on. Who else from the board is competing?

By the way if you get a chance can you explain the reason for dual line locks? vs single.

BlueYJ

Hold my wife back damit.......this is my jeep and I will buy what I want for it!
BlueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 5021
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueYJ
Hey looks awsome, see you at CalRocs I will cheer you on. Who else from the board is competing?

By the way if you get a chance can you explain the reason for dual line locks? vs single.

BlueYJ
Cutting brakes

www.voodoowax.com
The Rockslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 1930
Looks sweet man, gotta love the longer wheelbase
Are you gonna run some longer rear springs? I know its on the high lift thats why the shackle angle is like that, but couldnt you reuse the stock spring mount(front) and extended mount rear, and run super long flexy springs? Or would springs that long cause too much axle wrap? Good luck this weekend! please get soe daylight pics man

Oh yeah what did you do with the gas filler when you hacked the rear corners off?

Last edited by YJ4RoX; 11-14-2001 at 08:31 AM.
YJ4RoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 2872
Send a message via ICQ to Codeman Send a message via AIM to Codeman Send a message via Yahoo to Codeman
Lookin good!
About how much was it for your line lock setup?
Old 11-14-2001, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 1065
I plan to maybe use a slightly longer spring, I dunno. Ill see how everything works. the old shackle mount though wanted to bottom out on the back of the frame rails, just with the modified waggy springs I was/am running. After the springs settle from being jacked up all day, the shackle angle shoud be perfect and I believe it will settle in at about 106".
The fuel tank filler is now located on the driver side inner fender well.
The cutting brakes cost 39 each, plus a couplle of switches, LEDs, and 18" hard brake lines. The reason i use 2 is so i can lock only the inside rear tire and make the pivot easier when cutting, it actuall works like a charm.
Here are acouple of pics in the day light. Im not sure how to cut back the fenders for the competition, eventually I will build some steel fender flares, but for the immediate future Im not sure. the driver side is alraedy cut back a little the passenger side gets sawzall tonight. Any suggestions.
How is this for a long lean stance?

It deffinitely has a decent angle of departure.

A btter shot of the cutting brake configuration.

I know, i still need to trim my diff cover, and few other things, but its nearly complete.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 1065
ooops missed a nice pic of the passenger side.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 7695
Good looking Beast.
TN Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 4247
H8monday, looks awsome, makes me want to head to the garage, and finish a few things I need to do on mine.

Hey maybe a stupid question but what is a cutting brake?

BlueYJ

Hold my wife back damit.......this is my jeep and I will buy what I want for it!
Old 11-14-2001, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 4247
never mind I see your post on "cutting brakes"

Old 11-14-2001, 03:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 5809
HOLY SH!T, That fawkers lookin like a beast! Im diggin the long wheelbase H8, Im hopping to get mine to about 100" or so one of these days.
RoCkSkuLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 5021
100" YJ is easy. My winter plans are for the 105" mark with a little added to the front and rear. Figure 2" to the rear and 3" to the front.

www.voodoowax.com
The Rockslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 5809
Quote:
Originally posted by The Rockslut
100" YJ is easy. My winter plans are for the 105" mark with a little added to the front and rear. Figure 2" to the rear and 3" to the front.
I know it shouldnt be hard im just not sure if im going to be going coil-over or stick with the leafs... If I go coil-over it would be really easy to make it whatever length I want. I would just make the links longer, Then I'd probably go 103" , 104" , 150" but If I stick with leafs I'll probably just go 100" or so.

Old 11-15-2001, 01:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 1515
Send a message via AIM to Po' riggity Send a message via Yahoo to Po' riggity
Tony! You aint goin 100.. you're going 107 just to beat out H8 by an inch You know you want to.. thats a killer looking rig H8. Gotta love it... My question to you is, how much money you figure you have invested in it? Sell that 8.8 yet?
Scott <><
Old 11-15-2001, 02:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 1065
Quote:
Originally posted by 1badjeep
Tony! You aint goin 100.. you're going 107 just to beat out H8 by an inch You know you want to.. thats a killer looking rig H8. Gotta love it... My question to you is, how much money you figure you have invested in it? Sell that 8.8 yet?
Scott <><
Yeah I sold the 8.8 to one of the TINBENDERS,
In fact I have sold everything I dont use anymore, to help pay for all of the last few weeks modifications. I have been getting a lot of help from everyone in the area, which has kept the costs much more affordable. Dean, helped me build the, hydraulic assist, and parts were cheap for that project, stretching the wheel base wasnt expensive, just took a lot of time. Gearman took good care of me on the 14 bolt rear, parts and set up. CTM is sponsoring me with a set of 300m joints for the front, and J&W Auto Wreckers is sponsoring me with all the parts to go to 8 lug front( hubs,rotors, calipers,spindles,lug nuts, locking hubs etc. A local Napa has kicked down loads of small parts, brake lines, etc.
But then again, I just went through a couple grand, in about 2 days, on new Warn Axle shafts for the CTM joints, and new bead locks, and few other items.
Its all well worth the time and money, to be able to get out and compete in the 1st Calrocs event. I basicly just excelerated a bunch of projects that would have been done this winter.
I dunno I might go to a 4 link coil over this winter, but getting the gas tank moved and everything out of the way for the longer wb, will just make it easier. And I can see how I like this wheel base.
Thanks for the compliments guys, come awn out and watch the competition, it is gonna be bad ass. I really like our chances to make it to the top 10,( but then again so do probably 39 other teams).
If you make it to the comp, come up and introduce yourself.

Last edited by H8monday; 11-15-2001 at 02:44 AM.
H8monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:51 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 3834
Send a message via AIM to Bgcj5
Very cool looking rig man nice job. I really dig the wheelbase and the cutting brakes. Nice set up.
Pocket
Bgcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 5809
Quote:
Originally posted by 1badjeep
Scott <><
107"! wow dude, I think i'd be happy with a clean 102"-104" and some ava-comp fenders. The more I look at H8's the more I dig it. I wanna see some wheelin pics now
Old 11-15-2001, 03:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2203
Send a message via Yahoo to 1SAWB
those cutting brakes are the same thing i did they work bitchin glad to see other people think too........
1SAWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 7954
Send a message via AIM to CHOKEu
looks sweat!

TJ-60's-ATLAS-37's-104" wb- Full Hydro-Turtle Wax
Vertical- up seperates the "Welders" from the Rodburners"; welding out of position, in restriction, on pipe, with a mirror, seperates "YOU" from the "Welders"!

MY JUNK- [url]http://community.webshots.com/user/nicrfe[/url]
CHOKEu is offline   Reply With Quote