Pirate 4x4 banner

replacing rockers on xj.....

988 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wsuxjer 
#1 ·
Well managed to really fubar my passenger side rocker last Sat in the black hills. I had just finsihed making some rock rails but didn't have time to put them one. So I don't see a point in fixing the sheetmetal then putting the guards in so I looking at just replacing them with a tube instead. Anyone have any hints or tricks to doing this? I've read Bills article and the ones at MadXJ and Bortons. Anyone else doing this?

Also I was thinking of adding a round tube to the side of the replacement box rockers to act as a pushers and pivot point of the rocks to keep the out of the body. Good idea?

#2 · (Edited)
I replaced mine with tube.

don't bother, it was a pain in the ass, and it's had to get a hilift to hang on to it.

Writeup

If I had it to do over again, I'd just use box tubing, but I had the round shit layin around, so I used it.

edit: "and it's had to get a hilift to hang on to it."

fuck, I need to get the hell out of New England... I'm startin to type like these fuckers talk :eek:

#4 ·
I didn't mean replace them with just tube, but add some tube on the side like some of the wrangler guards do. Tube on the side of box steel. Sort of like a nerf. CheapXJ I found your writeup last night and checked it out. Also got the ones on MadXJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.