Pirate 4x4 banner

TigTech's EMC 4600 Comanche

9K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  TIG_Tech 
#1 ·
Another season, another car to build. I ran the 4676 Cherokee for the last two seasons. Ended last season with a tumble, roll and cartwheel maneuver. Messed up the rig more than I wanted to fix, plus, who doesn't like to build a new car? I wanted to do something a little different, but stay in the same class. Came across a clean 2wd Comanche on Craigslist.

Time to start building! I am going to use the motor, axles, wheels and tires from the Cherokee. The plan will be simple:

9" Axles, 6.20s and spools
3-link front with Kings and PAC Springs
Deaver G9 Leafs and Kings
Stock 4.0L
AX-15 and NP231
Semi Exo cage, and try to keep the "truck" shape

Attachments

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
Working on the cage. I generally don't find myself to be too "creative" but I was pretty happy with how the cab section is coming out. I am trying to keep the only exposed pieces of the cage are the ones around the cab. That also meant tieing into the cab, internally. I ran a tube through the side, where the wiper assembly goes, and went from there.

The cool thing is that instead of having to remove the exo section of the cage, i could pivot the whole thing on that tube. It will make sense with more pics.

Attachments

#16 ·
Good question. Class rules specify that we have to have "Stock Style" suspension. I ran the G9 springs on the Cherokee with some 2" Bilstein 7100s, it handled pretty good. I didn't really care for the ass end moving around so much with the boomerang shackles, that's the reason for the sliders, to hopefully cut down on most all of the side to side give of the leaf spring shackle bushings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.