aod + clocking ring? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2004, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13124
aod + clocking ring?

ok i am sure it has been covered butt this is 1 very specific question. and the search doesnt respond well to aod.

the setup cj7 5.0 aod d300 axles stock. will be going to lp44/9" soon
just gott the tranny in and as it looks i have 2 options as far as front driveshaft clearance issues

1 notch the pan

prob w option 1 is i will gain the clearance needed...? hopefully

2 clock the t-case

prob w option 2 is the conversion is smog legal and it does not look like there will be room for the cats if i clock it.already went to 2 cats instead of 4
also i know a clocking ring only adds about an inch butt rear d-shaft already is very short.

or will it solve the problem if i go with a hp44?

so basically if you have this setup or built one what did you do?

Last edited by norcaljeeper; 09-06-2004 at 11:34 PM.
norcaljeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2004, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Shortening a rear DS 5/16" should be a non issue. Have you considered a two piece drive shaft for the front? Only you can determine your needs for what'll fit. Can you relocate the cat? You can pull the 6 bolts holding the 300 on, with t-case still resting in place, clock it with a jack/jackstands and see what things look like. If you order a ring, ultimatlely it can be returned less shipping charges if it does not work out.
Good luck,
Ken
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Go2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2004, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 1636
Run single exhaust with the cat on the passengers side, then clock the t-case with go2guy's ring.

problem solved
chris demartini is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2004, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 13124
yeah i know shortening the shaft for the clocking ring should be a non issue butt... and as far as running single exhaust i cant the smog nazis wont let me. and i know i can/could /should figure it out for myself butt my heep is 100+ miles away and i am looking for solutions that others may have done.what worked for you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.