waggy lift springs - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2002, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 8558
waggy lift springs

ok, i read all the other threads, and i have questions for those running waggy springs on their yjs. first, when ordering them, what is the difference between the 1974-83 and the 84-91 models? second, should you only use the front waggys in the rear of a yj to stretch the wheelbase a little? who makes the best waggy springs? skyjacker, bds, superlift?

what i am doing is stretching the wheel base in the rear by both moving the rear shackle mount outboard a bit, and the front rear back a bit to match. then i was going to redrill my springs center hole, but all these threads got me interested in just ordering front 4 inch lift waggy springs for the rear and moving the shackle mounts back. all this would net me a little over 7 inches in all. what do yall think.
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 8109
Send a message via Yahoo to tigger4x
My best suggestion is to go to the RANCHO website and check out all the really good info there. You will need the ADOBE ACROBAT to view the files but you can get a free download of it there.

I know you wanted about 4" of lift but the Rancho 44044s have about 2 1/2" of lift to them. Go to the Rancho website and you can find the correct spring pack for whatever application you could want.

Good Luck!
Old 02-04-2002, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 8867
Send a message via AIM to YJ4LIFE Send a message via Yahoo to YJ4LIFE
Rusty also has 4" waggy springs, 6" springs, AAL for stock springs and all kinds of FSJ stuff.