Pirate 4x4 banner

Opinions: Electrac vs E-Locker in the Ford 8.8

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Road Head 
#1 ·
Well its time to get some imput from you guys before I plunk down my money on a rear locker for my Exploder 8.8.

I'm dead set on a selectable after having run a Lockrite in the winter up here. So i've eliminated ARB (PITA to setup and run without issues) and Ected (No clutch packs for this guy).

I don't fancy the Electrac that much as my best friend had lots of issues with his not engaging or disengaging when it was supposed to. I have heard allot of similar complaints around here as well. The E-Locker seems pretty straight forward and durable, but I have not heard very much user feedback on em.

So what are your thoughts?

#2 ·
I was looking around at the Detroit Electrac and found several shops that were saying to stay away from them. The problems that were coming up were something to do with the shift fork not aligning correctly and the locker never actually locking up. I have only seen one Eaton E-Locker in use and it worked flawlessly and have read about several people using them without any problems at all. I tried to get a hold of one of the Eaton's for my application and couldn't get one though. My choice, if you can get one, would definitely be the Eaton. (I think they're priced better too)

#3 ·
The Eaton ELocker is dirt simple and works great. I've had NO problems with installing or running mine. I've heard lots of negatives regarding the Electrac.

I bought mine at Macromotive.com. I bought it last year for $535. Right now, it sells for $598. I guess I bought it before people tested it and found out it was good.
http://www.macromotive.com/shopping/goShopping.cfm?tag=4.2.124.0.4568.35044

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.