Pirate 4x4 banner

Disney, OK wheeling pics

4K views 52 replies 35 participants last post by  redneckengineered 
#1 ·
First two are of my small little XJ, the rest are the guys I went with...they put my Jeep to shame :flipoff2: 8hrs of wheeling Sat. and 2.5hrs on Sun, it was a friggin blast! It was my first time on a real off roading trip, and I had a blast! Can't wait to put my jeep up in the air more this winter!

Jerry's jeep

See less See more
#8 ·
00YeepXJ said:
Why you gotta act like a dickhead? Why can't you just say "nice pics, look like you had fun" or something like that? What is it with people on this board, walking around like they are some kinda king or something :shaking:
Dont sweat it man... as usually its some mouthy fawk from Cali... :shaking: . You keep rollin with those rigs and your going to go broke tryin to keeping up :grinpimp:

#10 ·
Whats the deal with accessing Disney?
Its a spillway below a dam, right? So you can only go when they are not flowing water. How do you know when its open?

#21 ·
What do you mean by "specs"? Transfer case, engine, stuff like that? The two black ones run 5.3L LS1 chevy motors, and the red one is a big block that he's junking in favor of the 5.3L as well. I'm not sure about everything else on them. Dana 60's on two, and Rockwells on one. They are hand built, frame and suspension. Two of the guys are fabricators, one paints. :D That's all I know really. I just got into jeepin, I'm a nub. :p I used to build race cars, but getting crazy sideways and going straight up 8ft rocks has got me hooked! :eek:

#22 ·
Pdaddy said:
Dont sweat it man... as usually its some mouthy fawk from Cali... :shaking: . :grinpimp:

Hey, I'm from Cali....... anyway, nice rigs. Some don't like to see this in the tech section, but I call it inspiration! Looks like you had a good time.

#23 ·
Disney has several different areas to wheel including the 'rock garden' areas usually seen in pics and wooded trails as well......they RARELY have to use the main spillway so the rock garden below it can be wheeled most any time even after heavy rainfaill in the watershed area to the north and east......water is released most often from another spillway to the east of the main dam.......if this happens then the "little blue" and "waterfall" areas as well as the wooded trails to the south across the river are unreachable for the most part as the water flow is very fast and deep.......the Corps of Engineers office can be called to verify if water will need to be released after major rainfall in SE Kansas, SW Missouri, NE Oklahoma, or NW Arkansas.....

They always sound a warining siren and fly the 'copter to inspect if people are fishing or wheeling downstream to warn them of impending water release.....

Just an FYI for those folks who might be considering a trip and wondering if wheeling is possible......

#24 ·
I went on a trip there a couple of years ago, it is a great place!

Did you stay at Hogans campground?

I had to get winched up a couple of the worst hills on the trails, ( stock 4runner welded rear) but we had a blast!
camp was cool too, cooekd chili, and strolled around checking over all the rigs and meeting folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.