Last Questions (Foing to Picknpull this weekend) - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2002, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 10436
Last Questions (Foing to Picknpull this weekend)

First of all, I want to tell everyone on here thanks for all the advice - Ive been researching this soa for quite a while now, and Im about to start and everyones been real helpful. So heres my last questions, Just to make damn sure of what Im doing.
Springs
Will I clear the 33's alright w/ stock springs (not actual stock, but well broken in oem stock ones)?
Everyone says waggy springs, but are they the same width as my springs (I think theyer wider and I dont want to weld new spring mounts on the frame yet)
Shocks/Mounts
For now can I keep my shocks or will it be too much of a limiting flex factor?
If You think its best to get new ones, are their any I can get from a junkyard with a pretty long travel?
An 80's f250 w/ front torsion bar has the shock mounts and spring/shock perches that just unbolt on all four corners?
Driveline
Im gonna weld'em both up - I know itll suck to drive, but it already does.
Im going to get a front ford/waggy cv driveshaft and have it cut down. Should I get their transfer case output yoke too? Are there any tricks to taking them off, and will the ford yoke bolt on to my d20?
The front shaft should be alright for awhile, right?
Ill make some sams style traction bars, or would it be better to by those tractor ones I see a lot of people using?
Brakes/Steering
XJ pitman reindexed
What can I pull front brake lines off (Ill stretch the back ones)?
I know its a hell of a lot of questions, but I need to make sure about this stuff.
Sorry for asking so many questions, but theyll be stopping very soon hopefully, and Ill post plenty of pics along the way.
Thanks
Phineas
phineas is offline   Reply With Quote