Powertrainsavers.com as an option - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 10666
Powertrainsavers.com as an option

www.powertrainsavers.com

Just thought that instead of carring extra axles, u-joints, drive shafts, that I could just carry extra fuses.

Don't know if this is viable or not. Just figured that instead of grenading something when something else broke, or ripping something off backing down a hill, it would just be better to bullet proof everything. Then just rely on the fuses.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 9722
I'd rather replace a $10 u joint with a hammer and a big socket on the side of the trail every once in a while.

Thanks for the spam though.
TexasBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 30432
Im with Blake. I would rather do repairs. I really dont like the idea of designing something to break. Besides I carry spare driveshafts and it would be no more work to replace a driveshaft than it is to replace one od those fuses.

I think for what it is designed for,(big rigs) it is great. Big rigs break things like ring and pinions, axels and that kind of thing when dumping the clutch and backing up to a dock and hitting it hard.

I would think on soemthing like that would be great. But not for out type of rigs. But who knows? Im sure there was the same talk when things like air lockers came out?

JOSH
Old 11-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 10666
I definitely was not just thinking quick u-joints or drive shafts, i was thinking of the extra damage that is not so easy and only $10. Like, axle shafts, gears, or tranny and t-case. Granted you don't see too much of that but it does happen.

No problem though. I figured if anyone could see good or bad for this in the hardcore world it would be on here. Thanks for the input. I really don't push it hard enough to worry about too much damage anyway.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Quit changin my shit

Member # 18977
Send a message via AIM to Otto Man
How many forums and bb's are you gonna post about this worthless shit you shit eating fag? Get the fuck out. Nobody wants your overpriced shit. Over $1200 for a weak link. Are you seriously that fucking stupid? If we wanted a weak link, we would use the $8 bruteforce u joints at autozone. But wait...The fuses that you sell only cost $200 a pop! Worthless spamming peice of shit.

It's a respect issue. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Would you tell your Grandmother to go suck a big black cock, just because you could?
Otto Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 10666
Wow man. You write your Mother emails with those fingers. Not everyone hangs out on every forum, so I ask questions were I can. I guess on this forum that the old saying, " There's no stupid question", just does not apply. Thanks for the insightful outlook on a product I was inquiring about it's off-road usefulness.

Last edited by Beowulf; 11-20-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man
How many forums and bb's are you gonna post about this worthless shit you shit eating fag? Get the fuck out. Nobody wants your overpriced shit. Over $1200 for a weak link. Are you seriously that fucking stupid? If we wanted a weak link, we would use the $8 bruteforce u joints at autozone. But wait...The fuses that you sell only cost $200 a pop! Worthless spamming peice of shit.
thats pretty harsh coming from the scientist who whined for weeks because you couldnt get your clutch to engage with the NP435

[QUOTE=Steve N]Thread poster may be hardcore. Post is not. So this is in wrong section.[/QUOTE]
CB87YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 9722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
I definitely was not just thinking quick u-joints or drive shafts, i was thinking of the extra damage that is not so easy and only $10. Like, axle shafts, gears, or tranny and t-case. Granted you don't see too much of that but it does happen
The u joint is alrady the fuse.. how am I going to break anything else when the u joint is broken? This product just seems to add one really expensive fuse that has the same function as the original fuse.

Last edited by TexasBlake; 11-21-2005 at 12:58 AM.
TexasBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 39371
Send a message via AIM to currupt4130
theyve already got "fuses". they go in the hub and break before a u joint, at least for the 44. if your blowing 60 shafts enough to need a fuse youve got other issues. what a worthless piece of crap. id rather take out shafts, u joints and the occasional spindle if it happens than dealing with that

Last edited by currupt4130; 11-21-2005 at 12:07 PM.
currupt4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 4787
Send a message via AIM to Geesh
fundamentally, a quick and easy trail fix would be great. but that would require making the fuse the weakest link, even weaker than what fails now.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 2205
No thanks, I dont want to place a shock load on my expensive gears and locker with a part that is designed to brake and risk breaking the gears and/or locker at the same time. Im with everyone else, I have no issues with replacing a u-joint or axle, etc trail-side.

NMOffroad.com
Brian1 is offline   Reply With Quote