Pirate 4x4 banner

Yj Wb Stretch????

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  87JeepWrangler 
#1 ·
i saw the post about stretching the wheel base on a yj.. one question i saw that never got answered was how far can you push the rear back using a stock d35. im running 3.5" bds and sua and 2" lift shakles. id like an inch or 2 to help the drive line angle. but will i run in to clearance issue with the gas tank??? o and will 2 inches really make a difference????

#8 · (Edited)
sprprbgt said:
thanks for posting the link of the thread i mentioned in the in my post.... being that that post doesnt answer my question i guese ill try searching now
lol... I guess I need to practice on my reading comprehension...

I'll give a little useless info. :)

I have about a 98 inch wheelbase. It is slightly more stable, but I wouldn't call the change drastic. The placement of the tires in the wheelwells looks better now though. :D

I extended my wheelbase forward 2 inches by using a MORE SRS and stock YJ springs, and used front waggy springs in the rear of my Jeep. I have a GM 9.5 which is quite a bit bigger than a d35 and it just barely rubs the tank skid so you shouldn't have any major clearance issues, although swapping in a D44, ford 8.8, toy 8 or something stronger would be the first advisable upgrade, as its been my experience that even with 33's and an open differential, it is a matter of time before the axles or the spider/side gears give way on a D35.

#9 ·
I was able to move my 14bolt back 1.5". It did rub a little at first but stopped when the gas tank skid plate bent to conform around the diff. So at least 1.5". By adding to your wheelbase will help. 2" will be less affective than 10" but it is a start. Like jesster said above....by doing a SRS you can gain some more up front. So now you are sitting at 98ish. It all adds up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.