Pirate 4x4 banner

YJ skid without going over 1" BL possible?

915 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BadAZYj 
#1 ·
Is it possible to do a flat or near flat skidplate without going over a 1" BL on a YJ? How much would switching to a D300 help?

#3 ·
I did mine completely flat with .5" drop from the frame. I added a low profile tranny mount that I made.

I have a 2" BL but could have cleared the set-up with a 1".

Just go for it and like it was previously stated, if you have some small interference just beat it with a hammer:D

#7 ·
Well.. there is the PITA way to do it I am planning on.

I *think* I can get my Atlas in with 0" BL, and a near flat skid plate by yanking my YJ seats, cutting up their mounting hardware to make them mount low-profile. Running tube for the seat mounts attached to the cage so I can hack out the body where the transfer case needs to go and weld in new plate for the floor pan.

Though.. don't have the Atlas on my doorstep yet, so I don't know if that will work.

#9 ·
jeepboyben said:

Use your head:flipoff2: . Drop the tranny / xfer case enough to get up there with a hammer, or if necessary remove the body, and or drive train.
Using your head might hurt, I'd choose my 3lb mini sledge. :D

Or you could just cut out the floor in any areas that interfere, weld in some new floors over the top of it. For seating issues build a cage with seat mounts on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.