Pirate 4x4 banner

14 bolt / detriot question

687 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TPIJeep 
#1 ·
I recently put a 14bolt under a YJ and i hadn't noticed an slop when trying to rotate the pinion yoke, but after taking out the driveshaft i have found that there is about 45deg of rotation before any grabs. So if the pinion is in the 9 - 3 O'clock position i can rotate it to the 10.5 - 4.5 O'clock position (if you can follow that, i am not sure i do).

Anyway.... Is this common with a detriot or should i look at having the gears reset?

Thanks.

#3 ·
liquidkool said:
I recently put a 14bolt under a YJ and i hadn't noticed an slop when trying to rotate the pinion yoke, but after taking out the driveshaft i have found that there is about 45deg of rotation before any grabs. So if the pinion is in the 9 - 3 O'clock position i can rotate it to the 10.5 - 4.5 O'clock position (if you can follow that, i am not sure i do).

Anyway.... Is this common with a detriot or should i look at having the gears reset?

Thanks.
yep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.