Pirate 4x4 banner

More Waggy 44 ???`s

863 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  kyrel69 
#1 ·
I searched but realy didn`t come up with what I was looking for. Since I can`t find a Ford RC44 anywhere aroud here I`m looking at getting a 90 Grand Waggy nondisconect frt 44. I refuse to spend any more money on my D30. This axle is going into a MJ. Do these axles have locking hubs or not ? ( I haven`t seen it yet, 2.5hrs away.)If not, what parts are needed to convert it. Will flat top Knuckles fit? Do the rear 44`s from these GW`s have disc or drum brakes ? I already have a XJ 44 in the rear but may get the GW rear and transfer my gears and spool over to get matching lug pattern. Any thoughts or suggestions?

#2 ·
They do not come with lockouts, however it is a straigh bolt-on to add them. Flat top knuckles should fit (they fit on my '87 front from a waggy). The rear will have drums, might be easier to switch brakes(if they are different) and shafts instead of the gears and spool.

#12 ·
early 80's waggy came with 44 up front and 20 in the rear(but they were one-peice) late 80's and 90's had 44 front and rear. My friend ran his stock waggy axle for about 2 years with 38.5 and never broke a rear and he had the amc 20 rear. Just some food for thought. No one wants them but I think they are stronger than a stock 44. Amc 20 out of a waggy has bigger axle, and bigger ring gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.