Pirate 4x4 banner

Cherokee Exhaust Problem

745 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  xjeepinhamster 
#1 ·
My friend has an '87 XJ, and his exhaust system (mainly the cat) hits the tub because it rattles so damn much. There is a bushing where part of the exhaust tubing goes through. It looks like its old/worn away, and wondering if anyone makes a replacement or have any ideas to fix this permanently. I was thinking maybe putting a shim under the tubing or something of the sort, but it won't fix it permanently. Anyone else have this problem?

#3 ·
Gawd...

Nice first post, Newbie--real hardcore... :rolleyes:

Your muffler bearings are shot. You can get replacements at Napa. Don't forget the blinker fluid while you're there, it's probaby getting low...

...And check the piston-return springs while you're at it.

:flipoff2:
Jake

P.S.
Sorry. Bad mood today.

#5 ·
dude, go smoke a bowl and chill the fuck out.

if you want someone to answer that question, go here:

Jeeps Unlimited XJ forum

if you want an auxiliary asshole torn, then this is the place to recieve it.

have a good day :)

oh, and by the way, how does someone making fun of you suddenly change their sexual orientation? I don't quite understand how that works, can you enlighten me? :flipoff2:

#9 ·
Remove the cat and add a straight pipe. Or if you want to help the environment :zzz: tack weld the edges of the cat's heat shield to stop the rattle. If the cat is hitting the floor I'd say that "bushing" you are talking about is fine, unless you are hittinf bumps and the whole fucking exhaust is bouncing. The stock brackets on the XJ and YJ are horrible and crack in half leaving your cat to crumble. Weld a new mount to the frame and make a hanger with a poly or rubber section between the exhaust and frame, unless you want it to feel liek you ahve a vibrator up your ass. thats your question to answer :rainbow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.