Pirate 4x4 banner

Wj Steering On Xj Complete !!

829 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  xj35s 
#1 ·
Okay I finaly got the hole thing done. Check out our website at www.jeepsrus.org in the tech section. I have a detailed write up with pictures. I know it took several weeks to get this up but I needed to collect parts and had a hard time finding them. Not many 2001 grands in the junk yards ya know?!:D

#3 ·
Not a cheap way out...

I understand what you're saying. the cheap way out No I've got over seven hundred into this upgrade alone. Don't forget the machine shop drilled and tapped my rods and drilled the hubs and rotors.
I love my 30 it is a small diff high pinnion that's equal to a 44 in the pinnion shaft diameter and has the same u-joints/297-x. I'm running 35's and beat it hard and haven't been able to break it yet. The detroit e-z is awsome too. Who need's lockouts anyway;). Love the tie rod ends size and it drives 100% better now,than with the inverted Y system.

#5 ·
Now your talking!!

Scott,
I plan to do that and integrate a mount for the hydro cylynder for assist steering. I have a Gear box that's drilled and tapped now I need to find the cylinder with 2" bore and 8" stroke. I can make the lines at work. Plan to run hard lines up the top side of the long arms with rubber on each end.
Come on rocks, let's GO!!!!:jeep:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.