Pirate 4x4 banner

Wago D44 Outers, Can I use Dodge?

832 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Johncm 
#1 ·
I have a Wagoneer D44 front, drivers side drop for my 95 YJ. I haven't had much luck finding chevy flat top knuckles at the yard, but I have found Dodge. My question is, can I use Dodge knuckles, brakes, spindles, and hubs on my wago axle? My current plans were to get the appropriate Chevy and Ford parts to get to 5 on 5.5, but it would be nice if I could just use the dodge parts which are already 5 on 5.5.

#3 ·
It would seem that as lomg as you made your new arms to match the contour of the stock flat arm it should work.

The dodge uses the identical arm like the chevy does.
It didnt have any clearance issues in stock form and the pass side should be the same.

#4 ·
I have a set in the barn and though I do think the bracket might be in the way I don't think it would be enough to make it not work. The bracket has plenty of beef that you could grind some out to help get it all to fit. Or I think you could put the dodge hub and rotor on a 78-up chevy spindle with chevy breaks. Not positive though.

#5 ·
Still, with the dodge having the same side knuckle machined and a exact pivot arm like the chevys, I think the clearance isnt a issue.

I had plenty enough room on the stock arm to get the split cone washers out of a ramcharger last weekend.

But.... you never know.

#6 ·
I used dodge outers and they work great and it is a lot easier than adapting all sorts of thngs to get 5 X 5.5. Just take every thing from the knuckle out and your golden!. By the way I used Avalanches Arms if that matters to u but clearance wasn't an issue for me at all. So go to town cause it works great.

#7 ·
I have the dodge outers on my D44 with the Avalavhe arms. They work but the brake calipars hang a little lower and if you try to clock them up they will hit the arm. You could drill the calipar mount but I do not think it is worth the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.