Pirate 4x4 banner

cj5 with offset t-case. Anyone running this?

688 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  "D" 
#1 ·
I have a 73 cj5 ( Lengthend too 92.5 ") that I have just about finished doing a boat load of work to.

From the factory the jeep comes with a shifted drivetrain because the t-case wouldnt fit in the frame rails otherwise.

That out of the way. I have replaced the centered narrow track 44 I had with a centered diff 44 from a IH Scout.

I have just started lining the spring perches up on the SOA'd axle And I noticed just how much out of alighnment the two yokes are from each other.

I have at least tilted the pinion at the t-case output and I am going to be running a Cv Driveshaft.

Has anyone had a simalir set-up and had problems?

I never had a issue with the sua and 4'' lift, but with this new angle from the SOA'd 44 in the back I got a tad worried.

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
It is not a problem if they don't line up. On most cars and trucks they don't line up. To the driveline 10* of miss alignment is 10* of miss alignment be it up, down or to the side it don't know the difference. Run it and you should put in the CV if you drive this on the road because it will run much smoother regardless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.