Pirate 4x4 banner

Parts list for rear disc on a 44 and your help needed.

863 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JeepTJ1062 
#1 ·
So far I have caliper brackets from a Wagoneer, rotors from a scout. 1.125" and the wagoneer calipers. Only thing is. I am confused on the rotors to use. I did the search deal and I could only come up with that some people used the 7/8's rotors.

Also, I seen Jweeds web site and he used scout cast brackets.

I can just put the rotor on and weld the bracket to the tube right?

And also, does the caliper need to be facing the rear of the jeep or the front ?

I pressume also the stick porportioning valve needs to be chucked or do I need to gut it somehow?

Sorry for all the questions.

#2 ·
The easyist I found was go to TSM and order his kit.

240 I think is what it cost with out hte calipers which were 25 each loaded.

Basiclly the Rotors are 92 or greater chevy lightduty half ton IFS rotors

Calipers are monte carlo or caddy calipers (basiclly small chevy)

Its all bolt on and the caliper go bleeders up, (you can switch them)

#4 ·
You can get the weld on caliper brackets from http://aa-mfg.com for about $10 per bracket. I believe the bracket is 113A for the midsize chevy calipers. If your using the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern you can use late model CJ rotors that are 7/8" thick. The only thing you have to do to get the rotors to fit is turn down the axle 1/4" so that the rotors will fit over the axle. As for calipers, use 87 S-10 calipers(non e-brake) or if you want use of the e-brake calipers for an 82 Caddy Eldorado, but the caddy calipers cost about $90 a piece.
I'm plannin on puttin discs on my Scout D44 once I get it ready to go under the heep but the only other thing i can think of is to make a spacer to go where the backin plate for the drums originally was. HTH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.