Pirate 4x4 banner

Wheelinjps YJ more progress pics

998 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TDW 
#1 ·
Well I figured out you cant set an engine and tranny without the body on unless you have alot of time and patience(which I have little of either) so I painted the frame and springs and set the springs under it. I got my front and rear housings cleaned and ready for gears, hopefully setting them up next weekend. Then I will set them under the frame and roll it out in a couple weeks for the tub swapping party! I am going to go pick up a bunch of good :beer: and some nice thick steaks, and fire up the grill for my buddies that want to help. I figured that was nicer than "Hey Ill buy you a beer if you help me ALL DAY" So needless to say I am getting pretty excited. I figure by May I will be picking up the build kit and access. for my 355. Then by July I want it installed and just pick up the little things like the Griffin rad. and shifter. I will then save up and buy a JD2 manual with a 2in 180deg. shoe and do up a cage. Pretty lofty plan with a wedding happening in Sept I know but Ill try. So here is the frame painted with springs.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
one more. I sure hope those thin 7leafs in the front will flatten a bit with that arch. The through the frame mount center to center of solid mount distance is the same front and rear at 44.5in. I set it at stock in case I dont like the waggys I can always return to cj7 hd 6leaf rears all the way around. These springs give me a bad shackle angle right now but I am sure they will squat with some weight.

Attachments

#4 ·
Those front springs sure have alot of arch to them. what are they? and just my .02, but the front shackles look like they
might go inverted.... the frame sure looks nice, and the front
approach does look very nice...

keep up the work....

--Sherpa

#5 ·
Well they are cherokee chief 7 leafs and I am hoping with weight they go down. the rears have all the same dimensions but are the thick 7 leafs that are 2in shorter and the shackle lays nice with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.