Pirate 4x4 banner

T Case Oil Going Into Tranny

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  MistWolf 
#1 ·
I have a newly rebuilt 241 T case behind an NV4500 tranny in my Cherokee. The T case is pushing it's fluid into the trans. Any idea what might be causing this?

#2 ·
I can't say for 100% certain, but a buddy of mine ran into this at a recent event. Apparently the tranny's rear seal had gone south and the fluids started to mix. Besides contaminating both units the tranny, which was an auto, began to overheat severely. I haven't seen a set-up like yours so this may not be the case, but is a possibility.

#5 ·
Dat You?

Mike, is that you? This is Don, we did Hungry Valley once with Shane. At the time I had a white Grand Cherokee. Now I have a black 89 XJ with the NV4500 (thanks for the tip on the synth) Currie high pinion 9 with a Detroit and an ARB in the D30 up front. Running 4.56 gears. It's lifted about 5 inches and I'm running 35s on the trail and 33s for the street. Getting ready to do a cross over steering and get rid of those worthless OEM ball joint rod ends. Hope to see you around!

#9 ·
Re: Dat You?

Dats Me.
How you doing, when did you move back there? Xj sounds like its set up pretty good. Why did you get rid of the grand. Bet you miss that V8. Anyway, I'll keep my eye out for you here. I bounce over here off and on. Take care and I'll take to you soon.

MistWolf said:
Mike, is that you? This is Don, we did Hungry Valley once with Shane. At the time I had a white Grand Cherokee. Now I have a black 89 XJ with the NV4500 (thanks for the tip on the synth) Currie high pinion 9 with a Detroit and an ARB in the D30 up front. Running 4.56 gears. It's lifted about 5 inches and I'm running 35s on the trail and 33s for the street. Getting ready to do a cross over steering and get rid of those worthless OEM ball joint rod ends. Hope to see you around!
:beer:

#10 ·
Weezer said:
I have the same issue with my Sm420 and D18. The fix was to run a piece of hose between the fill plugs, Voila instant return line
You been reading my diary:confused: ;) I am going to be running my TH400 and my Doubler with Amsoil synthetic fluid. I am looking at exactly what it'll take to plumb mine but figure it would work pretty well. I'll have more fluid to disperse between the parts pieces parts along with a deep pan, external filtertration set-up, and external cooler I shouldn't have any problems.

:beer:

#11 ·
Re: Re: Dat You?

I didn't get rid of the Grand- I lost my job (lay-offs at Boeing) and lost the Grand shortly after when I couldn't make the payments. Yes, I do miss the V8! I've been at the Grand Canyon since July 2001 working for Grand Canyon Airlines. Found a few really cool trails out here in Az! Be good to run a trail with you again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.