Pirate 4x4 banner

Will Cadilac calpiers fit Wagoneer Brackets?

901 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Sundowner 
#1 ·
Good Evening.

I am Fixing to weld some Wagoneer caliper bracktes to my D 44 rear and was wondering if anyone has used caddy calpiers in them? if so what years. I know by using the search engine there are two types, 1 big and 1 small , So which one do I use?

Also, will the 1.120 scout rotors fit them? or do I need to use my 7/8's origanials from my old dana 30?

I still havent gotten a answer on the porpertioning valve, so i am lost on if I should even use it or not.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Well, if wagonner brackets are the same as 1/2 ton chevy brackets which I think they are - then you want the big caddy calipers.

Don't know about the rotors, personally I use the 1.125 jeep rotors, with chevy backign plates and calipers.

What was the question on the prop valve? If you have 4 wheel disks, it's a must - even with rear drums it's nice to have so you can get the brakes set just right.

There's some disc conversion stuff on my site, not sure if it applys to what you are doing. www.oldjeep.com

#5 ·
Dennis Sinks said:
Willwood valve huh? Is that a adjustable one? Got a part #?

I was told to not use one by others here.

Im Begining to wonder if I should even do this or not.
My MC is a wilwood, the prop valve is stainless brakes. Doesn't much matter which one you use, they are all basically the same. Yes it is adjustable, would be worthless if it wasn't.

If you are not confident about doing major mods to your brakes, don't. It's a good way to get yourself killed if you don't know what you are doing.

Good luck

#6 ·
I doubt that its my confidence. I am just getting conflicting feedback on the valve.

Some say gut it and others say dont use one at all.

Do you have the prop on the front lines only or is it split for both the front and rear.

Thanks

#7 ·
I bought a Wilwood Proportioning valve for my Scout when I swapped in a Camaro MC. It is only hooked up to the rear lines. With that said, I quickly found out that I didn't need while I had drums in the rear. I don't know if I'll need it for the rear disks now(still haven't drove it) It is currently backed all the way off. Try it without and then put on in if you need to. Just test it out in a safe place.

#8 ·
Dennis Sinks said:
I doubt that its my confidence. I am just getting conflicting feedback on the valve.

Some say gut it and others say dont use one at all.

Do you have the prop on the front lines only or is it split for both the front and rear.

Thanks
An adjustable prop valve only goes in the rear line, it's used to reduce the braking power to the rear brakes so that you can get all 4 brakes set to lock at approximately the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.