Pirate 4x4 banner

best hi-steer solution.

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  jbhawk 
#1 ·
I currently have the dana 30 front end, and am not enjoying the bump steer of day to day driving. My sig shows that I have a 2" aal with SOA. I have two choices, either find a dana 44 front end and convert it to hi-steer or buy the M.O.R.E. hi-steer setup for the dana 30. I will be changing to 4.88's as soon as I find a ford 8.8 for the rear. Any input would be appreciated.

Shaun

#3 ·
well I don't know if this works both ways but right now my dana 44 has dana 30 knuckles until I get the 44 ones drilled and tapped and get all the other goodies. So mabey you could just swap some dana 44 knucles then whe you decied to upgrade you could just keep the knuckles

#10 ·
awww, quite baggin' on the 30. some of us run them just fine. unfortunately you get raped if you buy a high steer kit for one. for lack of a better explanation, the more kit looks a little dinky though, might have better luck somewhere else. between 4xvideo.com's 2.5 tons and my own 30, i get alot more trail time on mine. nothing wrong with gossamer, it just sees more time upgrading and becoming the ULTIMATE than actually wheeling. i like my jeep on the trail thank you. now with that said, i have to go put some 37's on it and see if it survives.

#12 ·
Ive got a '79 waggy axle under the front of my YJ. Im on 1.5" SOA with 35". I had a horrible draglink angle, and at one time, the draglink actually hit the pass. leaf spring when turning right. I went to SRC Precision (jeepxtremes.com) for my cross over setup. They gave me new knuckles, with arms already bolted to the top, new solid bar tierod and draglink, plua all heim joints. Havent had a single problem since. I highly recommend.

Ryan

#13 ·
CJ5-man said:
WJ outers should work, they are starting to show up at junkyards around here.

You would think that, but they don't bolt up. You need to space them out about a 1/4 inch. I haven't personally done it, but Dan McKeag runs them on his new Yellow Jeep. http://www.burnsvilleoffroad.com . I talked to him about doing this and it seemed like more work and money than running the MORE conversion or a 44 swap.

Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.