Pirate 4x4 banner

TJ Fuel sender ?

686 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TJTRUBL 
#1 ·
Tried the search and cant seem to find the ohm readings for the stock tj fuel sending unit. Any help would be appreciated as I need to order a gage for it asap.
Thanks,
Dave

#2 · (Edited)
teh big ass manual doesnt say. just says that as fuel increases, resistance decresses. this is in the 98 chrysler ZJ manual. Sorry, no Empty OHM readings i assume at full it is 0 Ohms or a very slight resistance. I also remember readign some wher that its about 48. but I could be wrong by 3-4 ohms. that may not help much but at least it's ball park...or maybe that was at half.... some multiple of 40 something ohms

#3 ·
When I had it apart I tried to check it then but my ohm meter was giving me some problems. If I remember correctly it would go from a very high reading when full (200?) down to about 25 when empty. I was in such a hurry to try the engine swap out I just put it back together and ran the gage I had from a drag car project. I have a Ford style (73-12ohm) in there now and at a full tank I can just barely see the needle move off Empty.
Thanks for any input.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.