Pirate 4x4 banner

How Much Lift?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Howdy 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone know how much lift the JC Whitney CJ7 rear springs provide on a SOA? More than stock YJ springs or about the same?

#5 ·
What did JCW tell you all that information. Why would you spend 69 bucks on springs from a crappy company when you could find someone with some old ones for free. Check with some suspension places because sometimes they have old springs you can get really cheap. Check a pick and pull for some. JCW's springs are not going to be designed for great flex. I'm sure they will flex ok but why not get stock springs that will probably flex better. But to answer your question, if your using stock springs, you should get right around 5".

#6 ·
"What did JCW tell you all that information. Why would you spend 69 bucks on springs from a crappy company when you could find someone with some old ones for free. Check with some suspension places because sometimes they have old springs you can get really cheap. Check a pick and pull for some. JCW's springs are not going to be designed for great flex. I'm sure they will flex ok but why not get stock springs that will probably flex better. But to answer your question, if your using stock springs, you should get right around 5". "

For u'r information, the CJ HD rear springs are just as good, if not better than many other brand named lifted springs. Hope someone will respond who could back me up on this.

#8 ·
JCW does not have the rep of Steel Horse. Somebody must make these springs for them. I too have heard them heralded on this site and other sites. I'd buy them before I'd buy sagged out stock springs. Stock springs are only good for a simple spring over. Add anything else and they gotta be beefed up.

#10 ·
For u'r information, the CJ HD rear springs are just as good, if not better than many other brand named lifted springs. Hope someone will respond who could back me up on this. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll stick my neck out and back you up. It does depend on the brand though. Alcan or National?........Eh Eh
If your looking to buy from Whitney for a spring replacement, I would consider swapping in YJ springs.
I'm swapping in 56" Dakota springs in my YJ and yes I'm buying them through Whitney.

#11 ·
I have the CJ HD rear springs from JC whitney at all 4 corners on my SOA CJ. I believe they are made by some company called JRS. They gave me much more lift than the Superlift 1.5" YJ springs I had on there before. I run 36" tls/sx without much rubbing at all. I haven't even touched the front fenders and they stuff real well. I have trimmed 1.5" out of the rear wheel wells and they stuff in there pretty good too. If I had to do it again though I would go with the Wagoneer springs front and rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.