Pirate 4x4 banner

More clearance at the Rocker Panel

892 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  H8monday 
#1 ·
Give a guy a day off work, a grinder, sawzall, and a few fresh blades, and you know some sheet metal will have to be removed.

It all started innocently enough. I have noiticed recently that my roll cage was getting a little misaligned, and showing signs of fatigue at the mounts.
My floor boards in many areas were also showing signs of stress at many joints, and were sagging onto the drive train in some locations.
My door openings have been getting so banged up that the sledge hammer is barely able to micro adjust them to fit anymore.

So I decided to beef up the cage mounts, run some more braces, reinforce the door pillars with tubing and plate steel, run some floor braces from tubing and beef up the body mount locations.

The added benefit of running the tubing which now supports the bottom of the door, was that it made sense to run the body support tubes diagnaly from the door to the new body mount runner.

I hope to have it complete next weekend

See less See more
#3 ·
Scout Dude said:
Sweet..but isn't McDonald's going to be pissed at you for screwing up the paint and pull their sponsership?:flipoff2:

Looks good but I want to get a better look in person.

Hahaha, very funny :flipoff2: You know that your probably putting some hard working comedian out of work with that fresh material.
Hell Id glue french fries to body for that kind of sponsorship $$$.

You will soon get a chance to see it in person, since I need to have the rear bed supports bent sometime very soon(hopefully this week,hint hint). I need 4 bends to complete the inner skeleton. Then I will need some cage work as soon as you can afford the time, but its not critical.
Kathy is going down to S&K to pick up some more steel tomorrow, do you need anything while shes there?

#4 ·
H8monday said:

Kathy is going down to S&K to pick up some more steel tomorrow, do you need anything while shes there?
Ok, here's what I need:

20 ft of 1.75 .120 HREW round tube
8 ft of 2" x 1/4" flat stock

And...Then get yourself some 1.75 .120 HREW round tube for whatever you need. I have to finish the Blue Jeep this week but I should be able to do some bends for you and then you can fab them in on your own..This sound cool? Make sure that you acount for about an extra foot of material for every 90º bend...and be generous with the tape measure just in case;)

#5 ·
Scout Dude said:

Ok, here's what I need:

20 ft of 1.75 .120 HREW round tube
8 ft of 2" x 1/4" flat stock

And...Then get yourself some 1.75 .120 HREW round tube for whatever you need. I have to finish the Blue Jeep this week but I should be able to do some bends for you and then you can fab them in on your own..This sound cool? Make sure that you acount for about an extra foot of material for every 90º bend...and be generous with the tape measure just in case;)
Sounds great. All I need is the (4) 90's, Ill have them all marked out and ready to go.
If you need the "Plaz" this week, lemme know.

#8 ·
RokHeep said:
Hey! Did you use that sch 80? Pencil me in for some more plazma time in the next couple of weeks if possible. :D :)

Yeah, I used some of it. Ill bring back whatever I dont use.
Thanks.

No problem using the plaz, call me when you need it.

How is Project Chinchilla comming along :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.