Pirate 4x4 banner

Do I need to switch T-case Yoke's

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  46willys 
#1 ·
My Sm465 and rockwell case came out of a 69 chevy. Originally I beleive it had a cv up front and a normal shaft out the rear. For my flattie I want a Cv in the rear and normal shaft for the front. I built a front driveshaft for it myself. Can I switch the front and rear yoke and go from there or do I need new yokes or can I jsut leave them the same.

The case is a Rockwell T221

I got no freakin clue

#4 ·
Hahahah... You're lucky I'm not in a flaming mood today. :flipoff2:

Legit question actually if you've never seen them up close. I'm assuming youre talking about the difference between CV and non CV right? If so...

Non CV yolks on the ears have smooth bore ubolt holes or the holes are tapped, but slightly away from where the joint cap would be. CV yolks, for standard faire Spicer CV's (1310) have threaded holes that are very close to where the cap would sit.

I'm sure someone else will have a better technical term for it. I just know em when I see em. Not good at explaining it. Sorry for the shotty help :(

#5 ·
your right lop :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

sorry im of no help.. get the spline count and the diameter of the output shaft that the yoke is on.. and the depth.. and call around asking for a yoke with this # splines.. major diameter of.. and depth.. and whatever size joint.. also tell them cv.. or no cv.. it shouldnt take them long

#7 ·
Thanks.

When I order my high angle drive shaft would I be able to order a CV yoke for the rear of a 221. I will have the spline count and such by then. ( I will order it this summer when I am out of school and at work) Then I can get this thing back on the trail.

#10 ·
Also Jess.

How well would it work to have the front CV driveshaft from a 79 cherokee reworked for my rear application. It is a thinner shaft but it would get me to the wild turkeys Im going after this spring.

A friend of mine wants to sell me his Tom wood's shaft so he can UPgrade to your one ton shaft...From all I have read I really want your shaft...the whole stick it in and dont worry about it idea is nice...my flattie still dont weight that much;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.