Pirate 4x4 banner

waggy 44 tie rod and Dlink on a d30?

1K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Victor 
#1 ·
will this work? someone said they thought they were the same demensions.

#7 ·
Scout Dude said:
Do you need a set up? I have one that I can sell...also..are you fawkers ever going to e-mail me about my RPS account :flipoff2: (James said to check with you directly)?
shoot me an email, if you registered w/ a yahoo email address thats the problem. yahoo is fawkinup. include your username.
k now tell me more bout this shit you got :D

#17 ·
lol down James, down! :D
I think wut he means is you dont know me, you dont know my rig, you have never seen me wheel. The fact is my 30 WORKS extremely well, I have no reason to replace it. And I dont have to "keep shoving parts at it". the only thing that ever broke on it was a uj and that was w/ 5.0
yes I'm replacing the trutac w/ an arb but that is preference not nescessity.

Now I'll explain the situation more clearly. my tie rod ends are bout shot. Rather than spend $100 on new ends of equal strength, why not take the opportunity to replace em w/ chevy 1 tons? or hey if a wag 44 T-rod and D-link will work, hell just use those and beef up those as well. Prolly get that for $25 at PnP.

now does that make more sense?

#19 ·
AthlonAJ said:

LOL man you're too easy.

KID..I ASSumed you had the older D30, which personally I do think is a turd compared to what is out there for a swap. Now I gotta go get the grit out of my mouth from having my boot in it.
no hard feelings newbie??

I got a toothbrush you can borrow if you cant get all the grit out?

#23 ·
Are you using my old 87 housing with the new shafts? I thought that your problem with tie rod looseness was likely caused by using the 87 tie rod with a newer axle. They are a different part number and though I'm not sure why, it could be just a slightly funny fit. I'm not having any problems with the 94 front end and it is matched with its own tie rod.
I think you really enjoy finding the most unusual way to make stuff fit, and more power to you, but don't ignore the simple solution too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.