Pirate 4x4 banner

pics Spent a day with , notcrazyjustNuTz and crew in TSF Oregon

2K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  makaioo 
#1 · (Edited)
He's great guy with great trail ediquet, and a super heep (now know as the service truck). On one hill there was a group of Cherokees from the JU board who put one of thier jeeps on it's side. notcrazyjustNuTz runs up after it was clear and put his jeep on it's side. Then he throws it in reverse and backs up, standing it back up on it's tires. We all about chit out pants :eek: .
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nepatten...c/nepatten/lst?&.dir=/wheelin&.src=ph&.view=t
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nepatten...c/nepatten/lst?&.dir=/wheelin&.src=ph&.view=t

Another one of the group with a little rock damage
No Problem, notcrazyjustNuTz just pulls out his DC wire feed welder and welds it back on :smokin:

See less See more
#2 ·
Poor little CJ... I bet it got REALLY hard to steer after that.... :flipoff2:

#8 ·
Had a great time, lots of good wheelin' and some carnage :smokin: Norm and his son Josh were good to wheel with, nice folks. Had hoped to meet more of you OR/WA people, but definately your loss :D :flipoff2: We checked out Hogsback and Firebreak five but found deep snow part way up both (sick of snow right now after this winter) so we ran Archers on Saturday and Sunday. Archers has some gnarly sections right now with all the slimy mud.

#16 ·
Now you're really somebody. Remember how happy you were when your name was posted in the phone book?

Next time you send me pics of your Jeep, they better not be driveway shots, Poser! :flipoff2:

RR3

#19 · (Edited)
as promised...

Here's a shot from the TSF today. We didn't run the trails much at all. We were there for the annual SOLV-IT trash removal. As usual, we *far* outnumbered the greenies (I just love seeing their faces when they know the off-roaders put them to shame with regards to how much work we do on our forests/trails) and we hauled out a few tons of garbage, including old washers, refridgerators, tires, etc. and a few abandoned/burned up cars, as well as lots of smaller items.

After the trash cleanup we spent a few hours re-routing one of the Firebreak trails with the assistance of the ODF (Oregon Dept of Forestry) to allow the forest to reclaim a section which had eroded too far and was destroying one of the logging roads. Rain and erosion is a big issue here in the PNW, but the ODF works with us to keep our trails open while preventing uncontrolled erosion and silt buildup in the streams with (protected) salmon population.

But I digress...here's the pic. Nothing spectacular, but it's out of the driveway :)

#22 ·
Here's a shot from the TSF today. We didn't run the trails much at all. We were there for the annual SOLV-IT trash removal. As usual, we *far* outnumbered the greenies (I just love seeing their faces when they know the off-roaders put them to shame with regards to how much work we do on our forests/trails) and we hauled out a few tons of garbage, including old washers, refridgerators, tires, etc. and a few abandoned/burned up cars, as well as lots of smaller items.

After the trash cleanup we spent a few hours re-routing one of the Firebreak trails with the assistance of the ODF (Oregon Dept of Forestry) to allow the forest to reclaim a section which had eroded too far and was destroying one of the logging roads. Rain and erosion is a big issue here in the PNW, but the ODF works with us to keep our trails open while preventing uncontrolled erosion and silt buildup in the streams with (protected) salmon population.

But I digress...here's the pic. Nothing spectacular, but it's out of the driveway
Hey Bro,

Great job with the clean up. It always amazes me how so many knee jerk "environmentalists" are so long on talk and short on action. I'm also curious. How did the greenies get back to the areas where the garbage was?

Nice shot of the Jeep. It looks so much better in it's natural habitat.

RR3

#24 · (Edited)
Actually, it's the "Cedar Tree Trail"

I've been on the cedar log trail but I don't think there is a cedar creek trail. Of course it's been awhile since I've been there.
Of course, as it's not an official TSF marked/sanctioned trail, no official name exists, so it wouldn't surprise me if there as as many names for it as folks who've run it :)

The tree is an old growth cedar which fell many years ago. It was so large, it's root base left a large opening beneath the trunk which you can drive under (actually, when we built the trail a few years ago, we had to dig out a bit underneath to have enough room to allow lifted rigs to fit.

Here are a few pics of the trails namesake (and my CJ the way it looked a few years ago, with the BFG's, the fenders, and the Ramsey PTO winch I no longer have)

The trail has much more to offer as well. A great rock crawl at the beginning, some fun off-camber sections and a section in a low area which gets hairy during the rainy season (which in OR is most of the year) :rasta:

#26 ·
Re: Actually, it's the "Cedar Tree Trail"

makaioo said:
Of course, as it's not an official TSF marked/sanctioned trail, no official name exists, so it wouldn't surprise me if there as as many names for it as folks who've run it :)

The tree is an old growth cedar which fell many years ago. It was so large, it's root base left a large opening beneath the trunk which you can drive under (actually, when we built the trail a few years ago, we had to dig out a bit underneath to have enough room to allow lifted rigs to fit.
[/B]
I've never heard anyone call it the cedar tree trail. :confused: Weird. My husband helped build a lot of the trails too. He use to be a logger out there. It's a kick ass trail! We went out with Tjoop & had a blast. Our xj got some improvements made on it.......thanks to the cedar! We were all pretty surprised that the xj made it threw (tight squeeze):eek: !:laughing:

I like the pics you took of the trail. I only wish I could've gotten some that day.

TJ Chick :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.